Sox Therapy Thread-Enter at your own risk

Jack Parkman

13 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

It's because these so-called "views" were abject homophobic in nature, and thus the resulting "attacks" were the same as if racist, anti-semitic, anti-Muslim, or any other hate-filled views were posted.  I, for one, applaud the zero tolerance responses that were made.  No room for that kind of garbage on this board or anywhere else, for that matter.   

Hahaha. Oh the irony.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Being gay is not a communicable disease. This is 2019, can we get past this incredibly basic lie?

It's not a communicable disease, a condition, or most importantly a CHOICE.  It is what these people are, just like any heterosexual people are.  You don't make that decision at some point in your life, you know what you are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's not a communicable disease, a condition, or most importantly a CHOICE.  It is what these people are, just like any heterosexual people are.  You don't make that decision at some point in your life, you know what you are.

Completely agreed, and I ask everyone who thinks that being part of a non-racial marginalized group is a choice the following: If choosing to be a part of this group makes your life infinitely harder, why would you choose to do this to yourself? And if you think that it is solely to "play the victim card" you need to look in the fucking mirror. 

/endrant

Edited by Jack Parkman

43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's not true, God doesn't make people gay, although he can allow some to fight the cross of same sex attraction. That is not something God causes but is the result of original sin.  We all fight disordered attractions of some sort, we are human, but giving into these attractions is a sin. So ultimately it's a choice whether or not someone gives into same sex attractions and is gay. It's not like race where one is born into the color of their skin where they have no choice. It can be much more complex since now as we can see homosexuality is normalized by society, and in some instances people fight same sex attractions because they were physically sexually abused, or mentally abused. But homosexuality (giving into homosexuality) and homosexual acts is a sin condemned by the Scriptures. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

That's not true, God doesn't make people gay, although he can allow some to fight the cross of same sex attraction. That is not something God causes but is the result of original sin.  We all fight disordered attractions of some sort, we are human, but giving into these attractions is a sin. So ultimately it's a choice whether or not someone gives into same sex attractions and is gay. It's not like race where one is born into the color of their skin where they have no choice. It can be much more complex since now as we can see homosexuality is normalized by society, and in some instances people fight same sex attractions because they were physically sexually abused, or mentally abused. But homosexuality (giving into homosexuality) and homosexual acts is a sin condemned by the Scriptures. 

To each their own...but I’m just shocked people in this day & age can believe this nonsense.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

It's true, you just refuse to believe it.  You are wrong, I'm sorry you are because it is a terrible way to go through life projecting your bigotry on others and using a 2000+ year old book as the basis

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's true, you just refuse to believe it.  You are wrong, I'm sorry you are because it is a terrible way to go through life projecting your bigotry on others and using a 2000+ year old book as the basis

The problem is false prophets like this using that book to their own political advantage.  This is the same people 150 years ago who used the bible to justify enslavement of the millions of people.  These are the same people who commit all of the other sins in the bible on a daily basis,  and never say anything about it, even though the bible is clear on who the ultimate judge is and what ANY sin means to your future.  These are the same people who would have executed people for a heliocentric solar system view in the not to distant past. These are the same people who executed witches.

But let's ignore all of that and be upset about the gays having a recruiting night, even though there is zero scientific evidence for that lie.

• Like 2

To get us back on track for grievances....hot take, but the Cubs had a better draft than the Sox did last year, despite the Sox picking 4th and Cubs 24th in first round.  I predict Hoerner is a higher rated prospect than Madrigal after the season, and I like the hs outfielder they picked more than Walker.

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

You do realize it's 2019, right?  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

None whatsoever.  The hate speech that had no business entering this thread or this site was shut down swiftly by several posters.  

Having zero tolerance for lack of tolerance?  Yup, that’s irony.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, Chisox378 said:

Hey, I love the team too, and if I know that something they are doing is not for the common good for the organization and baseball itself, then I should be able to say something. We can leave it at that.  As I said they should have an anti-bullying day, but to promote "gay pride" I think is going to far and showing scandal to alot of people including the young.

Glad to see you posting here 378 but your views on gay tolerance are from another era. At least consider the possibility that many people feel they were in fact born gay. I am sure we can move on from this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pcq said:

Glad to see you posting here 378 but your views on gay tolerance are from another era. At least consider the possibility that many people feel they were in fact born gay. I am sure we can move on from this. 

But God told him he didn’t make people gay.  Roasted.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

To get us back on track for grievances....hot take, but the Cubs had a better draft than the Sox did last year, despite the Sox picking 4th and Cubs 24th in first round.  I predict Hoerner is a higher rated prospect than Madrigal after the season, and I like the hs outfielder they picked more than Walker.

Let me find my surprised face

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2019 at 4:16 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Now this I don't understand. He is taking a lot of abuse for his beliefs and there are a lot of people left in the world who believe those things. Not me I have 2 gay brothers.

You ask him to be tolerant yet we cannot be tolerant.  He is not hateful nor advocating any violence but the posts attacking him are mocking him and abusive. Just because majority rules here and on this subject doesn't mean the majority has the right to abuse his beliefs no matter how antiquated his thinking appears to be.

Good post.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:30 PM, Chisox378 said:

True. And all people are welcome to the game, and anyone can do bad things at the game, but what I don't agree with is the promotion of "pride night," for all the reasons I described.

hey look, it's that guy

• Like 1

Holy fucking shit this thread. I'm not easily offended but I'm an atheist that has multiple gay friends. To me, the mere suggestion that a higher being created us at all makes me chuckle but still believing that being a homosexual is some sort of choice is absolutely absurd. It's like being on the other side of the vaccine "debate". For some things, there just isn't another side to argue. 

Edited by Y2Jimmy0
  • Like 6

On 3/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, Chisox378 said:

Remember anyone that disagrees with this crowd is a bigot, homophobe, etc etc.

My point is having a "gay pride" night is showing scandal.  If I bring my kids I am going to have to explain to them something that's not appropriate at the ball park, and if kids go with friends or others they can be led astray. There are rainbow flags. In other ball parks there has been kiss cams where two people of the same sex kiss. 

If we are talking about violence against a group of people why not just have a anti-violence day?

Incredible that in 2019 there are people that think like you.  

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Uh-oh.  I have to refrain from many further social commentary...just "uh-oh!" will have to suffice.

There is a large gap between "uh oh" and anti semitism.  You can operate safely within that gap 

• Like 1