Spring Training Thread

ron883

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I read a post on Facebook saying that the Charlotte announcer was calling the game the other day and he noticed Eloy was hitting with a new stance. I really hope that wasn't Steverson pushing for a change because why fix something that isn't broken?

🤔

On 3/3/2019 at 10:58 AM, soxfan2014 said:

I read a post on Facebook saying that the Charlotte announcer was calling the game the other day and he noticed Eloy was hitting with a new stance. I really hope that wasn't Steverson pushing for a change because why fix something that isn't broken?

I believe he was talking about his  front foot placement and asking if it was new, at least that's what I thought the was getting at when I was listening to the broadcast.  If that's what he was referring to, Eloy's been using that stance for a while.  Here's a HR from the Dash and one from last May & August. 

Here's some video of an ST at bat where he's doing the same thing.

I don't think it's anything new, maybe it's more exaggerated at times, but most likely just an oversight on his part?  If it wasn't about that them I've just wasted a lot of time going down an Eloy rabbit hole lol. 

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

So if you live where Spring Training is would you prefer to see other teams in action.  Nothing really excites me to see the Sox this season.  Sometimes I enjoy baseball when my emotion is not attached to it.

No...I've tried going just to go. I don't enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

How many times does the same exact injury need to happen the same exact way before they either make him wear a sliding glove or make him slide feet first? 

Twice, I hope.

Bazinga!