Fernando Tatis Jr. thread

Moan4Yoan

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Shocker.I'll be surprised if he does well. Seems like a year too early .

They rushed him to AA too but he held his own. Now this on the other hand is a whole different animal. Kid is really good though so it wouldn't shock me if he held his own in the show too.

I'm just surprised they would burn a year (unless Preller decides to do what we did with Eloy). 

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

They rushed him to AA too but he held his own. Now this on the other hand is a whole different animal. Kid is really good though so it wouldn't shock me if he held his own in the show too.

I'm just surprised they would burn a year.

#keepingMannyHappy

21 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Our left side of the infield looks pretty good to me.  Look for both guys to make major strides.

Eh, I’ll take the Padres version.

14 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Why wouldn't they at least wait a few weeks to not waste an extra year of control?

Yeah, pretty crazy.  I don’t get it either.

9 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Why wouldn't they at least wait a few weeks to not waste an extra year of control?

9 hours ago, Harper2Sox said:

Eh, I’ll take the Padres version.

Yeah, pretty crazy.  I don’t get it either.

Yeah, I'll take the Padres version with Moncada at 2B. 

And I'm going to guess both sides are confident that they can work out an extension.

14 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Some teams suddenly care about having the best 25 guys on the roster, service time be damned. There were a few other guys that made the majors this week in similar situations.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, LittleHurt05 said:

Some teams suddenly care about having the best 25 guys on the roster, service time be damned. There were a few other guys that made the majors this week in similar situations.

Yeah, Alonso on the Mets as well. 

I wonder if the teams expect to send them down for a few weeks at some point or if they believe they'll sign Eloy like extensions. Or maybe they just aren't worried about control 6 years from now, considering the new CBA might change the rules. 

33 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I wonder if the teams expect to send them down for a few weeks at some point or if they believe they'll sign Eloy like extensions. Or maybe they just aren't worried about control 6 years from now, considering the new CBA might change the rules. 

If something about service time/free agency changes in the new CBA, I would assume any player already in the MLB would be grandfathered in the old way.

7 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

Alonso is almost 25. Not really the same thing. Don't think the mets were worried about having him for his age 32 seasons. Mets are trying to win a division.

• knightni changed the title to Fernando Tatis Jr. thread