2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Completely agree. Said the same thing months ago and Hostetler kinda hinted at that before too. Lower levels definitely need more influx of younger talent. 

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think the Sox are going high school in round 1 and more prep focused overall. Hopefully these college guys push preps down the board. 

If not, I feel like it'll be similar to last year where we took the BPA, a college player, and go HS heavy the rest of Draft

Good way to sustain a deep system, and the LatAm signings that appear to be happening

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He sounds nothing like Carson Fulmer. Detmers is an advanced lefty with a limited ceiling. Fulmer had great stuff in college but didn't throw strikes and many people projected him to relief. 

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's a really bad comp.  If you want to stay with the White Sox theme he's more like Jose Quintana. 

Not necessarily LHP/RHP or anything like that, just if you read that specific blurb that was posted.

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd be fine always going advanced college first round if they always experimented with preps in 2nd/3rd/4th like last year

I'm just not that interested in a college bat at this stage though. I hope they go younger in round 1 or take a college starting pitcher. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm just not that interested in a college bat at this stage though. I hope they go younger in round 1 or take a college starting pitcher. 

yeah was implying college anything. Each draft is different though. Had we drafted last years draft at 11 I wouldn't have profiled any specific type, though I guess Manoah was fine. I think sox may have gone Priester then.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Real good athlete. 2 way guy. Undersized right hander with big arm strength.  I liked him better as a hitter.  He has bat speed and can really run.  I'm not sure he can stick at SS but he should be good in CF.  I think he's a Vandy guy so not sure 2nd round money will do it.  

Perfect game has him at Arkansas so I’ll hold out hope. Seems like an Indians guy though, he’s not the youngest but pretty young.

9 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Love Andrew Vaughn, he's gonna be a good player and was the undisputed the right move at #3 last year

But this Torkelson kid looks even better to me

I think the reports I have seen say Torkelson has more power but Vaughn is a better overall hitter.

Edited by HoosierSox

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm going to be legitimately shocked if the Sox don't take Ed Howard if he maintains where he's currently ranked. He has a Sox pick all over him. 

I feel like “local prep position player” is something they have ignored a lot recently

• Thanks 1