Rodon TJS

fathom

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

Yea, the Yankees just put their 17th guy on the IL today. 

And they'll still win 90 games and make the playoffs because they have a front office that actually knows what they are doing over and above spending money. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, ptatc said:

they do. all of the sports med guys go to the same yearly conferences.  there is even one specifically for baseball. they all get the same journals.

just depends on how they implement it. typically it's the older guys who dont like change like in any business  The Sox group is fairly young.

PTATC: I may be wrong but even with Herm being an honorary trainer now, I think in the media guide the trainer with the least seniority on the Sox major league staff has been around for like 21 years. That's off the top of my head but I recall seeing this when I went through the media guide a few months ago. That's not exactly young to me but again I could have misread the information.

Can we split Soxtalk into two different versions?

Like you either enter through the “whiner/blamer/nervous guy” door or the “dudes” door.   Either way, people get to interact with other similar-thinking minds.  

Nothing against the WBN guys at all.  I get it.  Just not for me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Like you either enter through the “whiner/blamer/nervous guy” door or the “dudes” door.   Either way, people get to interact with other similar-thinking minds.  

POST OF THE YEAR!

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

There are reasons to be both encouraged and discouraged. For me, it depends on what type of mood I'm in that day. The most logical course of action is to let it play out, but the margin for error is razor thin at this point and they can't afford any more major injuries to important players. I see both sides of the argument and both have valid points. 

I never believe in being a pollyanna, and that shit is for the clowns on Addison and Clark. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

PTATC: I may be wrong but even with Herm being an honorary trainer now, I think in the media guide the trainer with the least seniority on the Sox major league staff has been around for like 21 years. That's off the top of my head but I recall seeing this when I went through the media guide a few months ago. That's not exactly young to me but again I could have misread the information.

I guess I look at it as 21 years isn't that long in professional sports, in general. Working your way up through the minors takes along time. The staff at the highest levels don't turn over very much. A 21 year career only puts them at 42 years old or so when the staff usually hangs around until their mid-60's. 

I don’t see how Rodon was not considered to be a part of the rebuild.  He was under control through 2021.  He is only not part of the rebuild because he is a walking injury.  But he would’ve been in the rotation this season, next season, and the season after that if he could stay healthy.  Or the Sox could have traded him if he could show any value.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Agreed. It's really tough to read much of the board anymore. Very limited reading.

2 hours ago, justBLAZE said:

Also worth noting: Nate Jones had surgery on tear in flexor mass, also out for season.

This is the odd one. Surgery on the actual muscle group is fairly rare. Must've been some serious repeated inflammation for that to occur. Most likely some kind of debridement. 

Good news is the UCL reconstruction held!

33 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Cmon. It's not cut and dried. Your categories are wrong.

The categories are: 1.) Anger door. Anger at all aspects Sox baseball starting with the product and performance of the front office. 2.) Go ahead and call it the dudes door but I'm not sure what it takes to be a dude. Just "whatever will be will be; I'll always love baseball and the Sox and am OK with everything going on." Is that what a dude is? 

I don't see how anybody can be OK with this organization. To say we're all whiners I think is inaccurate. I'd say anger and disgust, not whiner.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Cmon. It's not cut and dried. Your categories are wrong.

The categories are: 1.) Anger door. Anger at all aspects Sox baseball starting with the product and performance of the front office. 2.) Go ahead and call it the dudes door but I'm not sure what it takes to be a dude. Just "whatever will be will be; I'll always love baseball and the Sox and am OK with everything going on.

And in the middle of that is calm, rational thinking.  

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rodon and Jones were pretty much known to be done for the season. Adolfo is the big news. Maybe they were holding off announcing it because they had a buy 2 get 1 free surgery coupon.

There are 3 different elbow surgeries so maybe they were waiting to see if 2 were the same to qualify for the discount.

43 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

that's boring AF.  I'm not here for an echo chamber.  That's SSS, or was at least under Jim.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well duh.  Just move on from him in the offseason.  Too bad it didn't work out.  Was hyped beyond belief on Rodon when the Sox picked him.

Between injury and agent his only value is possible trade bait.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that's boring AF.  I'm not here for an echo chamber.  That's SSS, or was at least under Jim.

There is a happy middle though. People can disagree without having 7 others attack and start with name calling and others. People don't seem to be able to have a discussion without becoming near violent with language.

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What’s boring AF is the constant nagging of the FO and manager.  It’s horrible.  

Giolito is cooking with gas and the nervous fan group is quick to point out how Cooper had nothing to do with it AT ALL.  And our FO has nothing AT ALL to do with identifying Giolito in the first place.  No credit given.  

Rodon has freak TJ injury and now we have to hire medical and physical therapy consultants to audit our training staff and team medical personnel.  

Despite all the attrition that was obviously planned for, the rebuild is holding its mud quite well.  But that’s just luck, not good front-officing.  

17 minutes ago, pcq said:

Yes I could do without the constant ragging on the team and mgt. They are driving good people away. 

It is a legit gripe though. Management sucks, and it is hard to argue otherwise. We can't do anything about it, so there's no use b****ing about it constantly. Pointing out that they suck every now and then is fine, but whining about it constantly is too much. There is a reason I created a thread for it. Hopefully it will stay on topic. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Giolito is cooking with gas and the nervous fan group is quick to point out how Cooper had nothing to do with it AT ALL.  And our FO has nothing AT ALL to do with identifying Giolito in the first place.  No credit given.  

Rodon has freak TJ injury and now we have to hire medical and physical therapy consultants to audit our training staff and team medical personnel.  

Despite all the attrition that was obviously planned for, the rebuild is holding its mud quite well.  But that’s just luck, not good front-officing.  

It's really just a vocal few, but they've run off a lot of good posters. This site kind of sucks now. We've sucked for over a decade, but this site was never this bad. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

14 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

There’s nothing freak about an injury to Rodon.  It’s a common occurrence.

• Thanks 1

• bmags unpinned this topic