Rodon TJS

fathom

I’d offer something similar to the Cubs’ Smyly contract. 2 years, $10M guaranteed but with a third year being a $10M team option and $1M buy out if team declines the option. WS on the hook for $11M worse case scenario but if he recovers well they have him at an affordable rate through the 2022 season.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’d offer something similar to the Cubs’ Smyly contract. 2 years, $10M guaranteed but with a third year being a $10M team option and $1M buy out if team declines the option. WS on the hook for $11M worse case scenario but if he recovers well they have him at an affordable rate through the 2022 season.

No reason at all for Rodon to accept that. 

If you offer him arbitration 2 years, you guarantee him $10 million and he hits free agency in 2 years with no restrictions.

If he isn't offered arbitration, he's likely to get a little less than $10 million over 2 years while rehabbing and pitching out 1.25 seasons, less overall guarantee, but he'll have a chance to make more than $10m as a free agent if he performs well. 

The only scenario where you would take that deal is if you really don't think there's any chance you'll pitch in 2021 and you're more hurt than the team thinks. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No reason at all for Rodon to accept that. 

If you offer him arbitration 2 years, you guarantee him $10 million and he hits free agency in 2 years with no restrictions.

If he isn't offered arbitration, he's likely to get a little less than $10 million over 2 years while rehabbing and pitching out 1.25 seasons, less overall guarantee, but he'll have a chance to make more than $10m as a free agent if he performs well. 

The only scenario where you would take that deal is if you really don't think there's any chance you'll pitch in 2021 and you're more hurt than the team thinks. 

No reason? Do you think another team will guarantee him $11M if he’s non-tendered this winter? And a $10M option isn’t anything to scoff at for the added security that comes with $11M guaranteed.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Let Rodon go.  He doesn't want to be here anyway.  if there is a negotiation between Hahn and Scot Boros, Hahn will get drilled.  Again.

Kind of curious to see what will happen next year with Dunning and Rodon. If Dane starts in AAA and dominates,  and is ready to get the call around the same time Rodon is ready to come back,  would they put him in the pen? Assuming everyone is healthy and performing, wont bea spot in the rotation with Cease Kopech Gio and Lopez and Rodon.

Lol, just realized 4 out of 5 of those starters will have had tjs 

4 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Kind of curious to see what will happen next year with Dunning and Rodon. If Dane starts in AAA and dominates,  and is ready to get the call around the same time Rodon is ready to come back,  would they put him in the pen? Assuming everyone is healthy and performing, wont bea spot in the rotation with Cease Kopech Gio and Lopez and Rodon.

Lol, just realized 4 out of 5 of those starters will have had tjs 

A short year or two ago, we looked liked we had a ton of starting pitching.  If anything the rebuild has reinforced to me that "you never have to much pitching"!  As you noted 4/5 and 5/6 of our best have had TJ.  I am glad other prospects are emerging but people will get injured or fail.  Gio and Rolando look better but I am not ready to proclaim them fixed. Cease Kopech Dunning haven't even gone thru growing pains.  Rodon I hope heals quickly and stays healthy but you can't count on that anymore.  

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

He had it on Wednesday. It was successful which to me seems odd. They always call it successful before seeing how he comes back from it.

That just means no complications during the surgery itself. Surgery can kill people. 

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

At which time he'll probably get hurt again on some other part of his body.

with his awful follow through all of the stress is placed on his arm and not distributed through out his body so everything else should be safe. However this is Rodon.