GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

Just now, SoxAce said:

I still don't understand why Tilson isn't in. Is he that bad against lefties? Honest question I haven't looked at his numbers.

He should have been in tonight and bunting all night against Lester

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’m just being realistic.  Sox aren’t getting the top guys.  He’s the best RF available and I think the Sox could actually sign him.

1.  No you’re not, you’re just being your usual Negative Nancy self.

2.  Only a Sith speaks in absolutes.

3. Ozuna is a significantly better player than Puig and capable of playing RF.  I’d take Castellanos over him as well.

4. Anyone can fucking sign a guy who currently has negative fWAR and hasn’t had a 3 win season since 2014.  The Sox fan so much better when they’ll be sitting a good $80M to $90M to work with.

Just now, SoxAce said:

I still don't understand why Tilson isn't in. Is he that bad against lefties? Honest question I haven't looked at his numbers.

Because Alonzo can hit a three run homer and Tilson most likely not.

Although Alonzo sucks

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

3. Ozuna is a significantly better player than Puig and capable of playing RF.  I’d take Castellanos over him as well.

4. Anyone can fucking sign a guy who currently has negative fWAR and hasn’t had a 3 win season since 2014.  The Sox fan so much better when they’ll be sitting a good $80M to $90M to work with.

Ozuna probably can't play RF with his shoulder issues

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Because Alonzo can hit a three run homer and Tilson most likely not.

Although Alonzo sucks

It's crazy considering how by the book Ricky is with managing. If that's the case, put the RH hitting Rondon in. He has power. 

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s not being a negative Nancy when history has proven me right.  Ozuna is a pipe dream and Puig is realistic IMO.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sign Corey Dickerson and Castellanos and our lineup would be a force to be reckoned with,

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

It's crazy considering how by the book Ricky is with managing. If that's the case, put the RH hitting Rondon in. He has power. 

good call, and if they bring in a righty, then you give Collins a chance

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Only thing I can think of is they wanted a longer look at Cordell since he will be going down with Jay.  

Was just going to say the same thing. Jay is on the 60-day, so someone is going to have to be DFA. Not sure there's anyone they can transfer for that long of a period. Maybe Burr?

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic