Sox @ Boston, 6:10

BigHurt3515

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cant believe this is the line up.

I get that Moncada isn't great against lefties but hit him higher to give him a chance to improve.

Against the lefty, I'd probably go with Cordell in LF and give Eloy a partial day off as the DH. Anything to get Alonso out.

Edit: Yolmer is also solid against lefties so even him at 2B and Rondon at 1B (Abreu DH) or DH would be fine too. Literally anything is better.

Edited by soxfan2014

I echo the sentiments of @Chicago White Sox in that I don't want Jay and Alonso on the team together. HOWEVER, I think it might be even more petty to let them play one game together and then DFA Alonso.

WHY IS YOUR DH HITTING 8TH? I'd say this is Mark Kotsay territory, but that would be giving Alonso too much credit.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

I echo the sentiments of @Chicago White Sox in that I don't want Jay and Alonso on the team together. HOWEVER, I think it might be even more petty to let them play one game together and then DFA Alonso.

WHY IS YOUR DH HITTING 8TH? I'd say this is Mark Kotsay territory, but that would be giving Alonso too much credit.

Yeah if you're going to have a poor hitter in the lineup, you might as well at least improve your defense by having a guy like Eloy DH a game.

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Ozzie had 75 year old Omar Vizquel get ABs as the DH. He had better numbers than Yonder. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I get that Moncada isn't great against lefties but hit him higher to give him a chance to improve.

Against the lefty, I'd probably go with Cordell in LF and give Eloy a partial day off as the DH. Anything to get Alonso out.

Edit: Yolmer is also solid against lefties so even him at 2B and Rondon at 1B (Abreu DH) or DH would be fine too. Literally anything is better.

Too obvious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Collins is going to have to hit lefties eventually. This is why it was baffling to me Ricky sits him yesterday if you knew you were going to sit him today. 

We need Beef back so Ricky doesn't shy away from putting Collins and McCann in the same lineup every day. Beef currently has more value to this roster than Alonso.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Collins is going to have to hit lefties eventually. This is why it was baffling to me Ricky sits him yesterday if you knew you were going to sit him today. 

They also face lefties the next two games. Fun!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

We need Beef back so Ricky doesn't shy away from putting Collins and McCann in the same lineup every day. Beef currently has more value to this roster than Alonso.

Collins can at least play 1B, so stick him a 1B and if something happens with McCann we won't lose the DH

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

I love it, let them have one moment together and then send Yonder packing.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic