Sox @ Boston, 6:10

BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Would love to know the scout that looked at all his metrics deteriorating last year and goes “we need this guy for two years at an overpay”

The hope was that he would have a lights out first half and the Sox would be able to flip him. They are stuck with him now. He will just be dfa'd this time next year if he is still stinking up the joint. 

1 minute ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Bullpen day tomorrow and we're tied going into the 9th 💀

If people are anticipating a stretch that buries us. Losing this game tonight seems like it would be the logical turning point towards that occurring. 

8 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Herrera has gone from throwing 36% 2 Seamers to throwing  7% 2 seamers.

Caulfield making shit up again?

He used to have an up in the zone “rising” fastball nobody could do anything with but foul it off...obviously, it has disappeared.  Tonight, he’s throwing mostly two seamers.

It is pretty clear he has lost his confidence in using it...but we saw the downside of the two seamer when you have fast infields, bad positioning or balls hit with lots of spin.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Richie said:

If people are anticipating a stretch that buries us. Losing this game tonight seems like it would be the logical turning point towards that occurring. 

I don’t think there is any “burying” the Sox at this point.  Every time they get close to or hit .500, they slide back.  It’s pretty evident that they don’t have enough pitching, definitely not in the putrid rotation.

Either way, I’m selling high in Colome.  I’d also deal Abreu if anyone is interested.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I can make an argument Herrera is a worse acquisition at this point over Alonso. 

Sure can.  Alonso can be cut to prevent him from receiving another $9 million.  Herrera’s $9 million for next season is already guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t think there is any “burying” the Sox at this point.  Every time they get close to or hit .500, they slide back.  It’s pretty evident that they don’t have enough pitching, definitely not in the putrid rotation.

Either way, I’m selling high in Colome.  I’d also deal Abreu if anyone is interested.

I agree on all fronts. I more so meant a skid which would bury us 10-12 under .500 back along with the likes of Seattle, etc.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He used to have an up in the zone “rising” fastball nobody could do anything with but foul it off...obviously, it has disappeared.  Tonight, he’s throwing mostly two seamers.

It is pretty clear he has lost his confidence in using it...but we saw the downside of the two seamer when you have fast infields, bad positioning or balls hit with lots of spin.

He has thrown 3 (three) 2-seamers today. The rest of your post is based on nothing but your confirmation bias.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic