Sox @ Boston, 6:10

BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

yoan should have covered 3rd there, bad defensive awareness

Tim should have thrown it. Yoan was there. He was dead at 3rd. They just showed it slow-mo on MLB Netowrk

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't think Tim Anderson is a very smart baseball player. 

He isn’t.  Remember when he was caught stealing 3B over the weekend?  Abreu has also saved his ass on quite a few routine garbage dirtball throws to 1B as well.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Tim should have thrown it. Yoan was there. He was dead at 3rd. They just showed it slow-mo on MLB Netowrk

He wan't there. He was backpedaling to the bag. But it was the place to go. 

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He isn’t.  Remember when he was caught stealing 3B over the weekend?  Abreu has also saved his ass on quite a few routine garbage dirtball throws to 1B as well.

definitely the first shortstop to have a first baseman catch low throws from him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

I've thought this about 5-6 times this year

I’m not going to question his IQ.  I will question everything about his defense.  He’s regressed defensively and the “he lacks experience” theory is no longer an excuse.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

He wan't there. He was backpedaling to the bag. But it was the place to go. 

Not "there"... correct. However, if he throws towards the bag, Moncada gets there. Or if he just throws to Moncada's left, he catches as he goes into the bag. There was plenty of time for either to unfold with Boegarts being halfway between 2nd/3rd when Anderson made his glove to hand exchange.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You guys dismiss my theory, but my take is sometimes these players aren't 100 percent sharp playing for a non contender. I mean they are used to losing and on that play Anderson half assed it with a ridiculous throw to first. He made the dumb decision to steal third the other night. My take is that it was pretty obvious the Sox were going to lose once it went in extras and some of these guys are not sharp mentally cause they are so used to losing. It's one of the perils of tank/rebuild. Some of the key pieces get used to losing and playing in situations that really matter not.

Edited by greg775

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic