Sox @ Boston, 6:10

BigHurt3515

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

definitely the first shortstop to have a first baseman catch low throws from him.

You can count them by game with Anderson.  I also mentioned another dumb move he made over the weekend when he tried to steal 3B in a situation in which no one should ever be attempting to steal 3B — on 2B with no outs and losing by multiple runs.

34 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

This is very likely to happen and wouldn't be the end of the world. The Sox need to continue to stock the farm and another top ten pick next year will help. 

Should greg just ignore these type of comments that make my blood boil? Probably would be smart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You can count them by game with Anderson.  I also mentioned another dumb move he made over the weekend when he tried to steal 3B in a situation in which no one should ever be attempting to steal 3B — on 2B with no outs and losing by multiple runs.

oh wow

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m not going to question his IQ.  I will question everything about his defense.  He’s regressed defensively and the “he lacks experience” theory is no longer an excuse.

This is why I didn't like the bat throwing. Concentrate on learning to be a major league player, then you have the leeway for theatrics.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

oh wow

His developing offensive talents are definitely outweighing everything else in his game but he isn’t the best on defense or baseball smarts.  Not the worst case scenario but let’s be honest.  I’ll take the good offense and weak baseball IQ over the opposite scenario.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

4th game this year the Sox have blown and lost when they had a lead in the 7th inning or later. Herrera has been involved in two of those four.

Going to be a very long week friends.

Just dumb baseball and dumb managing tonight.

• Like 1

I hope somebody asks Anderson if he was thinking about the play before it happened. Like, did it cross his mind to throw to third if the ball is hit to his right? It also didn't look like Moncada was thinking about a force play either. Not good baseball. It was a pretty entertaining game though.

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Should greg just ignore these type of comments that make my blood boil? Probably would be smart.

The Sox are 4 games under .500 and have been hovering in place for weeks.  What are you expecting from them?  You are making your own blood boil if you are expecting anything else.  Do you need the Dennis Green treatment?

Just now, mqr said:

Covering third to pickoff devers, and playing left field when Eloy got caught under the monster to hold Chavis on second

And when the game was on the line...........................................................................oh well.

6 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Don't remember the 2nd one.

The Devers one... the play was right in front of his face. Not sure I agree that it was a "high iq play"

I think he’s talking about running out to backup Eloy on the ball off the wall. 

Anyway, anybody who plays shortstop needs to think before that play that if they field it in the hole, they are going to third. It should just be instinctive. Very poor play by Tim. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic