ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/25, 6:10 CT, NSCH

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

They might not be trying to lose but apparently they don't care either way. Otherwise they'd be doing everything in their power to fix the starting staff. Seems they are content with riding the bad to another top 5 draft pick. 

I don't expect them to make stupid moves at this point but it really looks like they could care less, and that is not good, we still have to be and play respectable.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have.  The mariners have more errors and are on pace to set a MLB record for runs allowed. 

AND THEY HAD THE CATCHER VACATE HOME PLATE AND THREW TO AN EMPTY HOME!

Get back to me when our boys manage that.  If you want to use hyperbole fine, just expect to be called out on it.

That catcher was a ex Sox wasn't he if you can't see the garbage day in and day out this team plays then that's on you.

29 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

This series basically comes down to the fact that one team knows how to win while the other doesn’t!  If the Red Sox stay within a few runs, they’ll somehow figure out a way to win.

Guys, compare the two rosters for gosh sakes. When we play Boston and New York it's a miracle we grab a win once in a while. We have no business beating those teams in their own parks.

If Tim Anderson has some serious injury (does he? I'm not watching the game), then it really all appears hopeless. He's a fine young ballplayer. Losing him at a prime spot in the batting order and in the field would be really depressing.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

So I guess we get Leury at SS?   I guess that can show off his positional flexibility to play the position capably for 7-10 days.

Hope they don’t try to use Rondon there...of course, this probably means more Adam Engel in CF, haha.  Or Alcides Escobar.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

You did? How'd that work out for you?

Not so well, but I bet we could have gotten Jim for cheaper when I wanted him Now he is hitting .312 in the Bugs. Here is another tip. Get Pavin Smith from the D Backs.

1 minute ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Yep, they're putting up negative WAR....doesn't that mean they need to be replaced?

For a long time, Jimenez was in negative territory.   Of course, he got the biggest contract in team history.

He probably will turn out to be a lot like Carlos Lee...with more homers.  A really really nice player to have, but not a superstar in the modern game where you need to be able to run and throw or hit like JD Martinez.