2nd Tier Palehose

wegner

I could not sleep and was thinking about making a lineup of Sox players who were not really stars but I just liked to see them play.  So I thought of each position and these are the guys that popped into my head.  By the way, I know this is a pretty bad defensive club, especially in the outfield.

I call it my "I don't know, I liked them lineup" and I'd love to hear others:

1b Mike Squires

2b Tim Hulett

SS Craig Grebek 

3b Herbert Perry

C Brian Downing

LF Ivan Calderon 

CF Steve Lyons 

RF Dan Pasqua 

Nice list.  It hurt to see Steve Lyons on it, though.  I remember him playing 3rd.  Perhaps the worst player I have ever seen get close to 500 at bats.  How about Chris Singleton?  He was good for one year.   Or Dewayne Wise?  Not a great player, but the catch?  Hell, give me Thad Bosley.  Anybody but Lyons.

1 hour ago, Blackout Friday said:

Any list with Herbert Perry is 100%. And Kelly Wundch.

Haha I was going to add pitchers and the 3 I thought of were Wunsch, Donn Pall, and Floyd Banister...and The Milkman always delivers (sorry just had to do that)

Edited by wegner

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Nice list.  It hurt to see Steve Lyons on it, though.  I remember him playing 3rd.  Perhaps the worst player I have ever seen get close to 500 at bats.  How about Chris Singleton?  He was good for one year.   Or Dewayne Wise?  Not a great player, but the catch?  Hell, give me Thad Bosley.  Anybody but Lyons.

You know what, Lyons was the last one I put on.  Your suggestions are very good.  I was also actually thinking of Ralph Garr but I think the road runner has his detractors.  I would change it but that would be cheating and then your post wouldn't make sense. 😁

55 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Getz

• Like 1

Nyls Nyman, Harry Chappas, Kevin Bell,  guys who were supposed to be good but flamed.  Solid guys I liked,  (Bucky Dent, my fav as a kid), Jim Spencer super dead pull.  Anyone remember Buddy Bradford, if Reggie Jackson was Mr October, Buddy was Mr April.

21 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Nyls Nyman, Harry Chappas, Kevin Bell,  guys who were supposed to be good but flamed.  Solid guys I liked,  (Bucky Dent, my fav as a kid), Jim Spencer super dead pull.  Anyone remember Buddy Bradford, if Reggie Jackson was Mr October, Buddy was Mr April.

Great names.  I don't remember Bradford.  I do remember my sisters loved Bucky Dent.

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

The deacon... Warren Newsome.

Scooter Fletcher

Gary redus

The booter marc hill

Those are all great.  

If I can add a coach, I would suggest Man Soo Lee, the Babe Ruth of Korea and a great guy with the fans.

I used Baseball Reference and went season by season from 1980-2010. What a depressing list. It's really amazing how many bad players have filtered through the Sox system.

Here's my list - a little 1983 heavy (and I had to stop myself from adding more)

C Wayne Nordhagen

1b Greg Walker

2b Julio Cruz

3b Jim Morrison

SS Alan Bannister

LF Chet Lemon

CF Rudy Law

RF Sammy Sosa

P Jason Bere

----------------------------------------

My favorite HOF/near HOF guys who spent very little time in the org.

C Sandy Alomar

1b Bo Jackson (Bo knows 1b?)

2b Roberto Alomar

3b Ron Santo

SS Fernando Tatis, Jr.

LF Sammy Sosa 

CF Ken Griffey, Jr.

RF Jose Canseco

P Steve Carlton

P Tom Seaver

RP Goose Gossage

8 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I used Baseball Reference and went season by season from 1980-2010. What a depressing list. It's really amazing how many bad players have filtered through the Sox system.

Here's my list - a little 1983 heavy (and I had to stop myself from adding more)

C Wayne Nordhagen

1b Greg Walker

2b Julio Cruz

3b Jim Morrison

SS Alan Bannister

LF Chet Lemon

CF Rudy Law

RF Sammy Sosa

P Jason Bere

----------------------------------------

My favorite HOF/near HOF guys who spent very little time in the org.

C Sandy Alomar

1b Bo Jackson (Bo knows 1b?)

2b Roberto Alomar

3b Ron Santo

SS Fernando Tatis, Jr.

LF Sammy Sosa 

CF Ken Griffey, Jr.

RF Jose Canseco

P Steve Carlton

P Tom Seaver

RP Goose Gossage

Tremendous lists thanks