2nd Tier Palehose

wegner

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Does Norberto Martin fit this category? I remember him being the Sox 2B between like 95-97, until Durham got called up. 

That's the beauty of this, Jack.  Anyone fits this category if you want them too. 👍

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Players who had one career year and it was with the sox...  Feel free to add.

1B. Jeff Liefer

2B Brent Lillibridge/ Beckham*

3B Perry* ,OK maybe 2nd best year of his career in 2000, best probably with TX. in 2002

SS Jose Valentin*. Juan Uribe*

LF Dayan Viciedo* , Ok all of his MLB time was with the Sox and he might be having better seasons in Japan  but we got his best MLB year.

CF Rudy Law*, 83 definitely his career yr. 77 stolen bases, 1st in fielding pct in CF had a real good playoff series too that year. His 1982 season looks better but with almost 200 less AB's than 83. I'll still take 83 because of the playoff year.

RF Ivan Calderon* /Oscar Gamble*

C Tom Egan* ,1971, easily his career year considering how bad of a hitter he was most of his career. However he did hit one on the roof at Old Comiskey.

SP Esteban Loaiza

RP Bob James

Asterisks are my contributions to Josh PRs list.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

18 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Lol any one remember harry trying to say grudzelanik

I believe he was with Cubs at the time but I remember a drunk Harry in a doubleheader second game started trying to pronounce the players names backwards beginning with grudz.  

Edited by BamaDoc

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Nyls Nyman, Harry Chappas, Kevin Bell,  guys who were supposed to be good but flamed.  Solid guys I liked,  (Bucky Dent, my fav as a kid), Jim Spencer super dead pull.  Anyone remember Buddy Bradford, if Reggie Jackson was Mr October, Buddy was Mr April.

Not only do I remember Buddy Bradford, I have an autographed 1974 Topps baseball card of him. He is now 74 yrs old. The back of the card says Buddy owns and operates a rest home.

C Ben Davis

1b Adam Dunn 💩

2b Wille Harris 

SS Mike Caruso

3b Greg Norton

RF Lyle Mouton

CF Brian Anderson💩

LF Dewayne Wise

DH Adam Laroche 💩

Bench Jerry Owens, Jeff Liefer, Mike Lavilaire, Chris Snopek, Joe Borchard💩, Ross Gload 

P Estebian Loaiza, Jaime Navarro💩, Todd Ritchie 💩, James Shields 💩, Dan Wright RP Rocky Biddle , Mike MacDougall, Billy Koch, David Aardsma, Shingo Takatsu, Lance Broadway,, Horacio Ramirez 💩, Scott Linebrink💩, Carson Fulmer 💩

Hall of shame, atleast Hawk talked some of these scrubs up and made them look like something.  The ones with poop emoji are players I absolutely couldn't stand and stuck around way too long 

4 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

C Ben Davis

1b Adam Dunn 💩

2b Wille Harris 

SS Mike Caruso

3b Greg Norton

RF Lyle Mouton

CF Brian Anderson💩

LF Dewayne Wise

DH Adam Laroche 💩

Bench Jerry Owens, Jeff Liefer, Mike Lavilaire, Chris Snopek, Joe Borchard💩, Ross Gload 

P Estebian Loaiza, Jaime Navarro💩, Todd Ritchie 💩, James Shields 💩, Dan Wright RP Rocky Biddle , Mike MacDougall, Billy Koch, David Aardsma, Shingo Takatsu, Lance Broadway,, Horacio Ramirez 💩, Scott Linebrink💩, Carson Fulmer 💩

Hall of shame, atleast Hawk talked some of these scrubs up and made them look like something.  The ones with poop emoji are players I absolutely couldn't stand and stuck around way too long 

Thank you ! I was trying to remember Lyle Mouton  because... Lyle Mouton. I knew in my head it was a French sounding last name but all i kept coming up with was Jason Bourgeois .

4 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Yes! The dude played winter ball down home in 83 with arecibo. He hit like .400

Wayne Causey and Wayne Nordhagen also played for the Sox as did Dave Nicholson. As well as Cisco Carlos.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Wayne Causey and Wayne Nordhagen also played for the Sox as did Dave Nicholson. As well as Cisco Carlos.

Cisco Carlos?   Was he on wgn Sunday mornings before The Lone Ranger? 😎

23 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Nice list.  It hurt to see Steve Lyons on it, though.  I remember him playing 3rd.  Perhaps the worst player I have ever seen get close to 500 at bats.  How about Chris Singleton?  He was good for one year.   Or Dewayne Wise?  Not a great player, but the catch?  Hell, give me Thad Bosley.  Anybody but Lyons.

Thad Bodley the message board poster?  

3 minutes ago, zisk said:

alan bannister. good center fielder. too bad he was playing short stop at the time.

I always thought he was an infielder?  I did like him too.

Edited by wegner