2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

It's laughable how the injuries continue to impact Bulls year in year out.  Dunn now out for an extended period of time.  Either way, front office change is coming in the offseason. 

But it should be no surprise. The same guys get hurt every year. To think it would suddenly stop would be unrealistic. The Bulls last 10 games of the year are tough overall. So they probably won't be playing for an 8 seed. I expect a couple more to go down then. 

They are pretty much screwed. Their roster will probably be almost the same except for the draft pick next year.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

But it should be no surprise. The same guys get hurt every year. To think it would suddenly stop would be unrealistic. The Bulls last 10 games of the year are tough overall. So they probably won't be playing for an 8 seed. I expect a couple more to go down then. 

They are pretty much screwed. Their roster will probably be almost the same except for the draft pick next year.

Which will undoubtedly be 7

58 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Which will undoubtedly be 7

There's nothing wrong with picking 7 if you DO IT RIGHT!

I wasn't on this board at the time, but I was livid that the Bulls took WCJ with MPJ on the board. 

Porter had huge risk - he was coming off a serious back injury and would likely miss his entire rookie season... who cares though? MPJ was the ONLY player on the board with superstar potential and in the NBA, when drafting, that is literally all that matters to a rebuilding team.

It's amazing how good the Nuggets are in the draft doing what every team should be doing; Mitchell had the highest offensive upside in the draft... after Fultz and Tatum at the time. Nuggets get him late; then they get a superstar with MPJ without investing anything but one year of rehab. It's inexcusable that the Bulls didn't draft Porter - Porter was the best US player in the draft that year from a ceiling standpoint (Trea was right there as well and I could buy an argument for either one at the time). The Bulls pass on those talents for higher floor/safer players when they desperately need elite level talents to infuse into their roster. If the Bulls had Lavine and MPJ, they're looking at a potential 1-2 that could compete with others.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I wasn't on this board at the time, but I was livid that the Bulls took WCJ with MPJ on the board. 

Porter had huge risk - he was coming off a serious back injury and would likely miss his entire rookie season... who cares though? MPJ was the ONLY player on the board with superstar potential and in the NBA, when drafting, that is literally all that matters to a rebuilding team.

It's amazing how good the Nuggets are in the draft doing what every team should be doing; Mitchell had the highest offensive upside in the draft... after Fultz and Tatum at the time. Nuggets get him late; then they get a superstar with MPJ without investing anything but one year of rehab. It's inexcusable that the Bulls didn't draft Porter - Porter was the best US player in the draft that year from a ceiling standpoint (Trea was right there as well and I could buy an argument for either one at the time). The Bulls pass on those talents for higher floor/safer players when they desperately need elite level talents to infuse into their roster. If the Bulls had Lavine and MPJ, they're looking at a potential 1-2 that could compete with others.

There is something kinda wrong with it when you are tanking hardcore and still end up picking 7 like 5 years in a row.   It really sets aside the idea of tanking lol

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As a Mizzou fan alum wanted MPJ, if the Bulls took him, he'd be dead now. Legitimately dead from some medical mismanagement. 

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

There is something kinda wrong with it when you are tanking hardcore and still end up picking 7 like 5 years in a row.   It really sets aside the idea of tanking lol

Yes, this is true; they don't even tank correctly... but they still had avenues to contention had they drafted the obvious choice at the time. 

The Bulls didn't want the risk tied to MPJ as if they were within their contention window or something. Just absurd.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

As a Mizzou fan alum wanted MPJ, if the Bulls took him, he'd be dead now. Legitimately dead from some medical mismanagement. 

Lol this is true.  He would have had spinal fluid tested right away

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Yeah, I could buy that. It's amazing how the Sox pioneered one of the best health driven organizations in MLB baseball, and the Bulls are one of the worst in all of sports. It's amazing they're owned by the same guy given how differently they view the importance. I will never forget this team almost killing Luol Deng and then acting like he did something wrong.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, this is true; they don't even tank correctly... but they still had avenues to contention had they drafted the obvious choice at the time. 

The Bulls didn't want the risk tied to MPJ as if they were within their contention window or something. Just absurd.

Here's me being charitable though - they did get unlucky. Especially the sacramento jump year. They've had pretty close to their worst case draw every single year except last.

We very much are talking about maybe the resurgence of pax if they had the luck of sacramento rather than the luck of someone like orlando recently.

However, there are plenty of other teams, many who have had different scenarios and have been much better at putting together competitive teams than the bulls. Hell, look at Indiana. Look at the Heat. They both took different routes than tanking, both had the end of their dynasties around similar times to bulls. Both emerged much faster.

Bulls just keep pointing to the damn knicks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Here's me being charitable though - they did get unlucky. Especially the sacramento jump year. They've had pretty close to their worst case draw every single year except last.

We very much are talking about maybe the resurgence of pax if they had the luck of sacramento rather than the luck of someone like orlando recently.

However, there are plenty of other teams, many who have had different scenarios and have been much better at putting together competitive teams than the bulls. Hell, look at Indiana. Look at the Heat. They both took different routes than tanking, both had the end of their dynasties around similar times to bulls. Both emerged much faster.

Let's not forget that the only reason Pax/Gar every achieved anything was because they won the lottery - literally - when they had very little chance of doing so.

If this team doesn't luck into Derrick Rose, you're looking at 2 decades of basketball hell.

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

For what it's worth, if the bullshit with the Kings didn't happen, I DO trust GarPax to not make the same mistake the Kings made and take Luka.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

For what it's worth, if the bullshit with the Kings didn't happen, I DO trust GarPax to not make the same mistake the Kings made and take Luka.

I don't, we never know, but sounds like they were much more into bagley.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let's not forget that the only reason Pax/Gar every achieved anything was because they won the lottery - literally - when they had very little chance of doing so.

If this team doesn't luck into Derrick Rose, you're looking at 2 decades of basketball hell.

That’s exactly right.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

I remember seeing mock drafts and Luka going all the way from 1 to 5 and I had never seen him play. So I went to YouTube, and my God, this was the guy. Not crazy athlectic, isn’t build like an Adonis like Lebron, but to me he was a modern day version of Larry Bird. So clever with the ball. I think he was only 18 or 19 in the videos I saw, but he clearly was the most basketball savvy player on the court.

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I wanted porter but Wendell is a good player. White looks like a positionless player though and Lauri turned into a shit this year. Porter is the guy most screwed by Boylen system, IMO.