Tyler Skaggs has died

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Could you elaborate on this statement some more?  Unless you have some insider info, I don't think that it's right to say that but that's IMO.

I don't believe one adult is responsible for another but they have an attorney investigating. I believe the club member is no longer on duty.  None of this will bring Tyler back.

11 hours ago, ptatc said:

The parents are going after the team and its representatives. If they can prove it was a representative of the team that gave him these and prove that they told him it would help the pain, it could get interesting. They didn't "force" him to but if it was supplied by and suggested by a team representative, they could have a case.

This seems really hard to prove but it looks like the have the money to pursue the investigation and lawsuit.

Wrongful death lawsuit and if there is anything behind a team representative giving Skaggs the drugs as painkillers as you hypothesize, the Angels would likely be quick to settle with the family.

• 1 month later...

TMZ reports staffer Eric Kay was supplying opioids to Skaggs for two years and he claims five other players were using. Uh-oh. I do not believe others are responsible for what an adult puts in their body but the team could have some exposure. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't if anyone is following the trail surrounding the fallout from Skaggs death, but this guy is basically live tweeting the trail and Matt Harvey is on the stand with an immunity deal and lighting it up.

https://twitter.com/TJQuinnESPN

Good of Harvey to speak so freely of it. Obviously immunity is a good incentive but he doesn't seem to be holding back whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Good of Harvey to speak so freely of it. Obviously immunity is a good incentive but he doesn't seem to be holding back whatsoever.

The threat of jail is pretty good motivation. He's been given so many chances in baseball. He hasn't been a good pitcher since 2015. I guess admitting snorting coke and taking oxy in the clubhouse and dugout,  and providing drugs for his teammates will finally be end of his chances.

Edited by Dick Allen