There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Is there something fun about being a complete shithead everytime a young player on the Sox struggles?

Jesus christ what a fan base

Lol you serious??? 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

No, but apparently it is fun to post the hottest meatball takes the second something bad happens for a lot of people here

No kidding...

Just now, Real said:

started with the Yankees game, that last inning before he was pulled he was all over and it's been a roller coaster since

He was not nearly this bad against them or the Red Sox. The Cubs have his number. It happens with every pitcher with that one team. Chris Sale always sucked against the Twins when he was here.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

No, but apparently it is fun to post the hottest meatball takes the second something bad happens for a lot of people here

Pitchers aren’t allowed to have bad games you fool

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

Just now, Real said:

started with the Yankees game, that last inning before he was pulled he was all over and it's been a roller coaster since

Yep fastball command hasn’t been the same since. He was able to do well against Twins with the changeup.  I’m not giving up hope, but he needs to get back on track and not struggle with the mental side of things like last year.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

He fell apart like a cheap mop.  Hope he's not hurt.

Heaven forbid he be hurt. ... He's certainly out of whack. Anybody have a reason why he's so wild now? Are pitchers like hitters? Is he gonna have to adjust a bit?

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Are you? You think a professional baseball pitcher is scared? He had a bad outing. Get out of here with that nonsense

Not scared. Out of whack. Mechanics way off. For whatever reason. I'm open to suggestions, why the fricking anger??

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Are you? You think a professional baseball pitcher is scared? He had a bad outing. Get out of here with that nonsense

Reading comprehension. I said looks. Not that he was lol. Love how you call me out when I'm one on the most chill here.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

They always suck when the house is packed.

Wouldn’t that also coincide though with usually facing top teams in those games?  I doubt we have a packed house to face the Marlins or Orioles.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Your starting pitcher for the AL Allstar Team — Justin Verlander.

Yes sir. I wouldn't dare start Gio. Maybe give him an inning later in game or in middle innings.

What the hell is wrong with Giolito? With all the pitching problems on this team, it is really tragic to see him fall off the rails and lose a lot of his command. Doesn’t look like an all-star right now. All of his struggles started with that Cubs game in Wrigley. Big game pressure must have screwed with his head and he’s become less confident in his stuff. Idk 

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Reading comprehension. I said looks. Not that he was lol. Love how you call me out when I'm one on the most chill here.

How about "he looks like he just lost his mechanics" and then it wouldn't look so idiotic

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Heaven forbid he be hurt. ... He's certainly out of whack. Anybody have a reason why he's so wild now? Are pitchers like hitters? Is he gonna have to adjust a bit?

He’s a huge man who has struggled in the past to maintain consistent mechanics. Now it’s the job of Mr. Fix It Cooper to get him back on track.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Farmer didn't get too specific. He did blast Gio for the walks. Said when you walk the bases full that shit like Schwarber's bloop tends to happen.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wouldn’t that also coincide though with usually facing top teams in those games?  I doubt we have a packed house to face the Marlins or Orioles.

Still you should not get your ass handed too you 8 of every 10 sellouts