There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Im going to assume you didn't know who he was before tonight

He's the K-Stater who got hit in the head with the batted ball. I feel for him and am proud of his comeback but all indications are he blows.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

That inning was a total anomaly for Giolito this season. If you're trying to read more into than that, it's quite the meat ball take. 

No one claimed he was a completely finished product and finely groomed ace. There was always going to be a little bit of regression. What did you think? He was going to maintain a 0.83 ERA that he had over that stretch? Get the hell out of here.

End of discussion.  

Unfortunately, that inning is still this inning!  With no outs!

I love the armchair pitching coaches even more than the hot take meatballs though.

He had no fastball command after the Yankee game? Are you people for real? He was cruising tonight with the fastball change combo and had 13 swinging strikes.

Got by against the Twins solely with the change....fathom you‘re a fucking hoot. 🤣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

That inning was a total anomaly for Giolito this season. If you're trying to read more into than that, it's quite the meat ball take. 

No one claimed he was a completely finished product and finely groomed ace. There was always going to be a little bit of regression. What did you think? He was going to maintain a 0.83 ERA that he had over that stretch? Get the hell out of here.

End of discussion.  

Richie, most of the board has praised Gio greatly this season. It's OK to blast him for walking the bases loaded. Game ova at that point. Not to rub it in but we've really played well since Ricky tried to bunt with one out. Way to go Ricky. Yeah, it's a one-run game where we should be bunting with one out. Idiotic. I'm so mad when I think about that bunt!!!  This is the AL. You don't bunt with one out when a HR is always a possibility, even against Lester.

The Sox will win tomorrow and most Cubs fans will say the typical, "It's fine, this is like your world series, it doesn't mean that much to us" Giolito looked nervous and spazzy. Hopefully he got it out of his system. I'm not worried about him overall. Just sucks it happens against the Cubs. On the brightside, maybe Lester has the cold arm syndrome and the Sox drop 4-5 runs this inning. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I love the armchair pitching coaches even more than the hot take meatballs though.

He had no fastball command after the Yankee game? Are you people for real? He was cruising tonight with the fastball change combo and had 13 swinging strikes.

Got by against the Twins solely with the change....fathom you‘re a fucking hoot. 🤣

I wanna hear from PTATC.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yep we had a discussion in that very thread about how Giolito was struggling with his fastball command but was using his changeup more effectively than he did in recent starts.  

It's only the fifth inning. I realize Lester is probably going to cruise with the big lead, but it'd be very nice if the Sox could make this a game. Light into a few pitches and make it 6-4 by the seventh.

1 minute ago, GreatScott82 said:

The Sox will win tomorrow and most Cubs fans will say the typical, "It's fine, this is like your world series, it doesn't mean that much to us" Giolito looked nervous and spazzy. Hopefully he got it out of his system. I'm not worried about him overall. Just sucks it happens against the Cubs. On the brightside, maybe Lester has the cold arm syndrome and the Sox drop 4-5 runs this inning. 

He did? He was fine for the first 4 innings. He lost his mechanics in the 5th. Enough with the nervous and spazzy shit. You all sound so stupid

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

To be honest sox ain't out of this one

It is if we bunt again. Ricky should fine himself for that dumb call. It angered the baseball gods as nothing has gone right since then.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep we had a discussion in that very thread about how Giolito was struggling with his fastball command but was using his changeup more effectively than he did in recent starts.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he has control/command issues throughout his career simply due to his size/mechanics

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Gio is a #4 on a contender.

Kopech and Cease are more talented.

And the Sox will have to find their Lester in FA.

Sure they’re more talented, but they definitely have their warts also. It’s funny how similar they are in that they should have great success if they can throw their fastball for strikes.