Sunday Game Thread

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I can't wait to get out of Oakland these instruments in the background are really fucking annoying. 

I understand where you're coming from, but in a way I kind of like how they interact with the game instead of being the usual lifeless crowd that doesn't make any noise unless something happens or the big screen tells them to.

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Freakin Reynaldo.

Here we go.

Yeah here we go alright, to the top of the 5th

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

It's happening again...

It's so predictable. So f'ing predictable. 

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yup. This is Rey's trademark beginning to a meltdown. 

Let it play out, man. You're getting too good at making extravagant claims each and every GT. Assuming failure for Lopez won't make you a genius because currently you're going to be right often

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Let it play out, man. You're getting too good at making extravagant claims each and every GT. Assuming failure for Lopez won't make you a genius because currently you're going to be right often

Haha you had this post ready to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

I understand where you're coming from, but in a way I kind of like how they interact with the game instead of being the usual lifeless crowd that doesn't make any noise unless something happens or the big screen tells them to.

In a way, I kind of want to shove that cow bell up that guy's ass. 

F**k all that

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I was one of probably thousands of White Sox fans who was thinking that man. 

Just now, Richie said:

In a way, I kind of want to shove that cow bell up that guy's ass. 

F**k all that

Different strokes I guess, but I think it might be a lot more fun to go to a baseball game in Japan or Central America where the crowd is full of life than the USA. Being a part of the Oakland noise is probably great fun for the fans. 

Haha you had this post ready to go.

I absolutely did, because the negativity around here is comical. "Lopez is going to shit the bed here." He doesn't shit the bed everytime a guy gets on base. It also doesn't make you look any smarter. It's like assuming Alonso was going to make an out every PA. No fucking shit. Just let the inning play out or else now you look stupid

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

I was one of probably thousands of White Sox fans who was thinking that man. 

But none of them went on a message board and essentially guaranteed it. Again, let it play out. What good did those posts do in hindsight?

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I absolutely did, because the negativity around here is comical. "Lopez is going to shit the bed here." He doesn't shit the bed everytime a guy gets on base. It also doesn't make you look any smarter. It's like assuming Alonso was going to make an out every PA. No fucking shit. Just let the inning play out or else now you look stupid

Meh, I'm not a GT ruiner like some around here, so I'd hope my frustration with Reynaldo would be less annoying to others. 

Different strokes I guess, but I think it might be a lot more fun to go to a baseball game in Japan or Central America where the crowd is full of life than the USA. Being a part of the Oakland noise is probably great fun for the fans. 

In any other sport, I agree. I like the laid back atmosphere of a baseball game. It makes the tense moments where everyone is on their feet that much more enjoyable. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

But none of them went on a message board and essentially guaranteed it. Again, let it play out. What good did those posts do in hindsight?

But none of them went on a message board and essentially guaranteed it.

What's the difference if they say it out loud or on a message board?

What good did those posts do in hindsight?

What good do any posts about a baseball game that we have no involvement in do, in hindsight or in real time? Lol

Again, let it play out.

I'll enjoy the game as I please.

Just now, Richie said:

But none of them went on a message board and essentially guaranteed it.

What's the difference if they say it out loud or on a message board?

What good did those posts do in hindsight?

What good do any posts about a baseball game that we have no involvement in do, in hindsight or in real time? Lol

Again, let it play out.

I'll enjoy the game as I please.

You're enjoying the game by posting this garbage throughout? At least you didn't chalk it up to "I was trying to jinx it!!!" again.

Be a fan. Hope Lopez does better. But "he'll probably suck again" = "tomorrow the sky will be blue" = "grass is green." It's obvious and goes without saying. Predict something less easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1