White Sox (Covey) vs Marlins (Smith) 7:10 CT

Richie

Just now, 2Deep said:

I cannot wait for the day Covey is DFA'd. That will signal the end of the rebuild for me. I hate watching this man pitch for my favorite team. 

I don't know why he acts surprised when he gets lit up. He has to know he sucks.

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

been saying it for weeks.  he's a slug.  he's hit well so far but he runs like a 36 year old with a bad core.  go figure.

I told anyone who would listen Jay was slow as fuck and no way would he be playing CF as many suggested he would this off season

Just now, fathom said:

These guys know you only get 3 strikes, right?  As a whole, the quality of the at bats since the ASB has been awful.  Give me Mercedes of Reed.

I did not mind the idea of Collins going back to minors but he has got to be better then Reed right now.......right???

Just now, fathom said:

These guys know you only get 3 strikes, right?  As a whole, the quality of the at bats since the ASB has been awful.  Give me Mercedes of Reed.

Its funny how Mercedes is getting so much attention now. I made a thread about him last year in Future Sox and everyone wrote him off. Since I made the thread he's jumped 2 levels.

I only made the thread because I was looking at his minor league stats and thinking this guy hits everywhere he goes and asked if anyone knew about his defense and I had to assume it sucked since he was mired in A+ at age 25.

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I'm asking because I dont know.......is there anybody in the minors that can come up and get a chance to start a few games to see what they can do......prospect or non prospect??

If you're talking about starting pitching....no.  It's a complete mess in terms of pitching in the upper minors for the Sox.

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

OT: but Marlins got some of the nicest hat designs in the entire MLB. 

I disagree. Go back to the teal, black and silver scheme. Hell I didn't even mind the orange stuff, but while aqua and pink fits the city well the fact that they chose them for a professional sports team is idiotic