Teams are interested in Nova? Trade him!

Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/trevor-richards-labors-in-loss-to-white-sox

Many scouts also are looking at Nova, and Marlins closer Sergio Romo, who tossed a scoreless eighth.”

Yeah literally trade him for anything. I know we need someone to cover innings but literally just call up Santiago or claim any starter that gets DFA'd or released.

Sorry to give you guys my usual comment of don’t trade or flip him, but . . .

You guys all saying dump/flip him, you do realize he’s our 2nd or 3rd best starter? You realize that, right?

I am far from in love with Nova but I would rather see him than the other options, whatever that may be.

As a guy who spent about $225 dollars to take his family of 4 to a game on Fathers Day, only to see Despaige (however his name is spelled) pitch and who felt a little cheated by the White Sox that day (down 7 to 1 after three innings), I really think for the sake of the fans (especially ticket buying fans), the Sox should keep one of their few competent pitchers rather than dump him for some prospect who will never make the majors.

And I know it’s still a rebuild, but We’re still tuning in and still buying tickets, and I think the FO should still keep trying to win rather win than trading one of our better starters in pique of frustration.

10 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Sox pick up all of his money, they might get an A Baller with a 7.00 ERA averaging a walk an inning and a k every so often.

Great point, Dick. I like your posts of late. We get nothing for Nova. He had to be close to DFA before the amazing shutout.

6 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

You guys all saying dump/flip him, you do realize he’s our 2nd or 3rd best starter? You realize that, right?

I am far from in love with Nova but I would rather see him than the other options, whatever that may be.

As a guy who spent about $225 dollars to take his family of 4 to a game on Fathers Day, only to see Despaige (however his name is spelled) pitch and who felt a little cheated by the White Sox that day (down 7 to 1 after three innings), I really think for the sake of the fans (especially ticket buying fans), the Sox should keep one of their few competent pitchers rather than dump him for some prospect who will never make the majors.

And I know it’s still a rebuild, but We’re still tuning in and still buying tickets, and I think the FO should still keep trying to win rather win than trading one of our better starters in pique of frustration.

You poor man, going to a game Despaige started. Ugh. Despaige gives greg despair. Nobody cares about your $225, but I do. That's a lot of jack to watch a horrific game.

7 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Why dump him for nothing?  That makes no sense.  Someone has to pitch...why not Nova if don't have a better option?  He takes the ball every 5th day and often pitches OK.  I am definitely not a Nova fan but I don't get trading him for nothing.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Would certainly make sense from the NL perspective, plus Hahn has a little history with dealing with the Brewers FO. Might be a good call 

Brewers desperately need starting pitching, as well as late inning relief help. It just seems destined that the Sox get Corey Ray.

Spending 225 is ridiculous when your not winning. TBH, when I go to a game, I go because I love the atmosphere at the stadium. Way more than Wrigley, not even close. Outside the stadium is different but that doesn’t affect me. Obviously, winning makes it even better. I go there with the knowledge that within a year or so, this place is going to be even a lot more fun. If they didn’t have a plan or were not doing something about it then I would probably not go to a game and watch at home. In terms of Nova, it’s a waste to trade him for someone that won’t be any good. That’s taking the flip part overboard. There is no gain in doing it. At least in my opinion