**2019 "I hate my Fantasy Team" Fantasy Football thread**

Brian

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

I have 2nd pick. Leaning Kamara over McCaffery but NO bringing in Murray to vulture scares me.

Am I overthinking or what?

McCaffery will be in a bad offense but he is the center of it. I think I would go Kamara as well.

Had my auction league last night.

It went meh. I screwed up tight end, but weird thing was whole league changed strategies at once. Always had a few teams where issues were they left too much money on table. It let you get more high end money for cheap. 

This year everyone bid after their guys, but it meant those that were more patient cleaned up on that 20-50 range and I regret not being part of that.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Had my auction league last night.

It went meh. I screwed up tight end, but weird thing was whole league changed strategies at once. Always had a few teams where issues were they left too much money on table. It let you get more high end money for cheap. 

This year everyone bid after their guys, but it meant those that were more patient cleaned up on that 20-50 range and I regret not being part of that.

How many teams are in the league and how much did Saquon/CMC/Kamara go for? My 10 team auction is on Monday and I can't tell if they're gonna go low 50s or high 60s. The entire league has just been messing with each other and nobody knows what to expect 

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

How many teams are in the league and how much did Saquon/CMC/Kamara go for? My 10 team auction is on Monday and I can't tell if they're gonna go low 50s or high 60s. The entire league has just been messing with each other and nobody knows what to expect 

12, all went a bit over 60.

I don’t know that my league is a gauge of anything though, at least compared to what resources on prices come out.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think chubb/conner are the only legit "tier 2" rbs...it was a tough draft this year.

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

Totally, which is why for me, I felt it was so important to grab a true No. 1 WR, in this case probably the best WR in the NFL. 

RB is getting tougher and tougher to find "that guy" 

I agree on the tier 2 comment and that's why I'm trying to go tier 1 and tier 3 in my auction draft. Ideally, I want to get one of Barkley/CMC/Kamara (or Bell/DJohnson if the prices get outrageous) and then pair that back with one of Kerryon, Aaron Jones, or Montgomery, who I think are all primed for big years 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I agree on the tier 2 comment and that's why I'm trying to go tier 1 and tier 3 in my auction draft. Ideally, I want to get one of Barkley/CMC/Kamara (or Bell/DJohnson if the prices get outrageous) and then pair that back with one of Kerryon, Aaron Jones, or Montgomery, who I think are all primed for big years 

Yeah I ended up with Kamara and then aaron jones and damien williams. Bell was paid as an RB1 in our league. I missed out on getting ingram but got a little flex with justice hill. I wanted some part of baltimore run game in case it is very stable points week to week.

WR I messed up on. Went in sure I'd give what it took for Julio jones but when I paid for kamara I freaked out about being able to get enough RBs. Ended up with Hill as my WR 1 but I am not deep at WR and just hope I can play waivers and find a surprise.

In the most expensive league I'm in that I never do well in, it has incredibly sticky keeper options and I somehow always end up picking 12th in the draft (3rd year in a row). I feel like regardless of math getting 12th pick in a keeper league ends up putting you at a disadvantage, and it puts me on tilt to always feel like I need to draft for high variance players to find a cheap keeper and ruins my drafts.

7 minutes ago, Brian said:

Out of curiosity, where is Zeke falling to in your drafts?

I think the answer depends heavily on when the draft was. For drafts that are around now, he's probably going in the top 5. I'm doing an auction tonight and he'll definitely go for ~$50 which is about his full value. 

If this were 2 weeks ago, cut $15 off that, and he probably wasn't even a 1st rounder. 

Ended up paying $19 for Montgomery. In a league full of Bears fans I'm surprised I didn't have to go higher. Also got Trubisky for $5 and the Bears D for $6. That was it for my Bears players though, also got Odell, Mike Evans, Mixon, and Aaron Jones. 10 team league. I'm pleased overall 

52 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yeah, $19 for Montgomery is low. Mitch at $5 is probably $1-2 high, because QB is just SO deep, and I would never spend more than $1 on a D, but everything balances out with Montgomery at that price, so you did pretty well. 

Yeah, that's how I justified the defense spend, plus it was towards the end when I had a lot of money left and the next best defense was like 8th or 9th best. I also think that Pagano's aggressiveness is gonna result in more sacks and about the same number of defensive touchdowns, at the expense of more explosive plays allowed. In other words, I think the Bears D will be #1 again for fantasy purposes by a solid margin. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Yeah, $19 for Montgomery is low. Mitch at $5 is probably $1-2 high, because QB is just SO deep, and I would never spend more than $1 on a D, but everything balances out with Montgomery at that price, so you did pretty well. 

I got Drew Brees for $2

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I REALLY screwed up in my 2nd draft, I knew QB prices were at all time lows and somehow ended up with Rodgers at $10, which I'm really pissed about. I also ended up with Brady for $2, which made it worse, haha. 

QB is at an all-time high right now in fantasy it seems. Just so many options. 

Yeah I went in hoping to spend all budget on WR/RB then made a terrible decision on TE which screwed everything up

On 8/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, Tony said:

I had mine last night, it’s a 3 person keeper, 12 teams. It feels like everyone went for like 10% higher than what their projected price should be. 

Feel like WR is REALLY deep with sleepers this year, RB not so much. QB also feels really deep. My team ended up like this: 

QB: Baker Mayfield ($11)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins ($70)

WR: Amari Cooper ($41)

RB: James Conner ($6) * Keeper 

RB: Nick Chubb ($6) * Keeper

TE: Hunter Henry ($14) 

FLEX: David Montgomery ($28)

I had a lot of money to play with since I kept two guys for nothing (Conner and Chubb we’re both $1 players last year, we add $5 inflation to any keeper), plus I traded for $23 in cap space last year when I was in rebuild mode, so I could spend more on the guys I wanted. But everyone just seemed a little higher this year. 

My 2 starting RBs are Chubb and Connor as well.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Chubb is going to be really interesting come fantasy playoff time, but I think he's going to have a huge year. 

He'll be very good the first 8-10 weeks. It'll be very interesting to see how he's used once Hunt is eligible to return (who I can easily see being the guy coming up big for fantasy teams down the line).

Does anyone by chance pay for any of those premium mock draft websites? 

I have the #9 pick in my 12 team league, and I'm just trying to figure out who I should be looking at taking at #9 and #16 based on what keepers will be gone. We only do 1 keeper and everyone HAS to take a keeper. So some of the top 9 picks in a regular mock will obviously be taken ready. Any "custom mock draft" sites I've seen that let you add in keepers require a subscription.

Anyone know of a free one or have a subscription that can run a mock for me?