A Realistic Offseason

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Good lord, STFU Sox. Shut down the leaks dammit. 

God Kenny and Hahn are going to end up with egg on their face again, aren't they? 

They're  a couple of amateur clowns

Leaks or no leaks, if they pay up they will get the players they want. Our problem is paying up. If they offer the most money, they can talk as much as they want. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Leaks or no leaks, if they pay up they will get the players they want. Our problem is paying up. If they offer the most money, they can talk as much as they want. 

They never do. If they're going to talk the talk, they better walk the walk. (AKA convince Jerry to cut some checks) 

57 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Good lord, STFU Sox. Shut down the leaks dammit. 

God Kenny and Hahn are going to end up with egg on their face again, aren't they? 

They're  a couple of amateur clowns

What the hell does "everyone's on the board" even mean? No, Cole/Rendon/Strasburg are simply not on our radar. 

Fans should not believe a single drop of this BS and keep expectations majorly in check. Deep down I worry if what seemingly reasonable additions like Wheeler/MBum/Ryu/Keuchel/Odorizzi/Grandal/Castellanos/etc. are not even within our reach. 

Nightmare scenario: Hahn trots out Julio Teheran as our premium pitching addition. 

I'm not jumping off the cliff or anything, but do not for a second allude that we are somehow involved in top of the market free agents. 

I don't believe we or any other team is not interested in TOR guys.  It is totally about what we are willing to pay VS others.  There is nothing wrong with having a max budget and not going higher.  Trout would appeal to anyone but half a billion would have been higher than my risk tolerance.  I think most on here will be pleasantly surprised with what we get and what JR is willing to spend.  We might even get in on some players that are bargains that weren't expected.  Budget and salary constraints will leave some good players available.

Edited by poppysox

2 hours ago, wsox05 said:

We know Nightengale can get chatter from agents and other teams too right? It all doesn't come from the White Sox. 

Bob is Kenny's BFF in the media. If Bob reports anything about the Sox, I assume that it comes from KW. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Bruce also thinks Castellanos will get 5/100

Given that, I would consider trading with Boston for Benintendi and Eovaldi and try to get Boston to eat a year of EO's remaining contract. Let the Cubs have Castellanos for $100 Million.

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Pretty interesting quote, in my opinion. I don’t think we have much ammo if we don’t want to move Robert, Madrigal, or Vaughn. We’ll either have to package guys like Walker, Stiever, and Dunning together, or we’ll be taking on some bigger contracts and won’t have to give up much. Or perhaps someone like Collins gets moved. 

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Pretty interesting quote, in my opinion. I don’t think we have much ammo if we don’t want to move Robert, Madrigal, or Vaughn. We’ll either have to package guys like Walker, Stiever, and Dunning together, or we’ll be taking on some bigger contracts and won’t have to give up much. Or perhaps someone like Collins gets moved. 

Sox have plenty they can trade. You never know how other clubs value our prospects.