Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re linking his hair style to potential attitude problems?  Good god man you need to get with the times because you constantly come across as some whiny curmudgeon.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

What's wrong with being a whiny curmudgeon?  That description fits half the people on this board.

26 minutes ago, tray said:

You turned an innocuous light spirited comment about a player's hair dye into a vengeful; personal attack against a poster.  Instead of responding in kind I  will simply ignore any future comments by you. Fine by me if you do the same.

AnimatedCarelessIndianhare-size_restrict

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

What a class act.  I realize it is his hometown area but not many MLB players would do this...

http://wgntv.com/2020/01/26/after-canceled-flight-ben-zobrist-drives-over-350-miles-to-make-autograph-event-in-rural-illinois/

How could you not make it to the town with the greatest high school team name in the state, the Hoopeston Cornjerkers.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Why? Goldschmidt got that plus more. Who is the better player of the 2? Also factor in they can offer a QO in the off-season to recoup something they trade away.

Goldschmidt was open to a reasonable extension.  Betts wants to go to the highest bidder.

The interesting thing about this with the Dodgers, is would this take them out of any talks for Lindor? I got to think that if I was a Indians fan that this would be bad news. I know the Reds want him (Lindor) but don't have nearly as much as the Dodgers do. Or in the spirit of winning now do the Dodgers try to acquire both Betts and Lindor?

If so, I would say they win the offseason. 

Edited by smellysox

3 minutes ago, smellysox said:

The interesting thing about this with the Dodgers, is would this take them out of any talks for Lindor? I got to think that if I was a Indians fan that this would be bad news. I know the Reds want him (Lindor) but don't have nearly as much as the Dodgers do. Or in the spirit of winning now do the Dodgers try to acquire both Betts and Lindor?

If so, I would say they win the offseason. 

I guess there were 3-way trade talk of Seager to Reds, Lindor to Dodgers and prospects/young players to Indians this off-season. Depending on what they move for Betts, maybe they can still pull something off for Lindor.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:00 AM, tray said:

You turned an innocuous light spirited comment about a player's hair dye into a vengeful; personal attack against a poster.  Instead of responding in kind I  will simply ignore any future comments by you. Fine by me if you do the same.

Wrong use of the semicolon