Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The conspiracy theorist inside says that they're actively trying to do alienate the fanbase so they can skip town when Jerry passes. 

Jerry and the kids already have a buyer and they're going to Vegas. 

GMAFB. The Sox aren't leaving the Chicago market. A new owner would realize the potential this team has if willing to spend money. If a team is going to Vegas, it'll be a small market team like the Rays or A's or they'll do an expansion team.

This guy is one month older than Moncada. If Moncada would have hit what Mazara hit this year would he be considered trash? 

I don’t want to put him at Moncada’s level, but there is reason to believe there is more there than what he has shown.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

GMAFB. The Sox aren't leaving the Chicago market. A new owner would realize the potential this team has if willing to spend money. If a team is going to Vegas, it'll be a small market team like the Rays or A's or they'll do an expansion team.

Counter argument: The Cubs are so entrenched that new ownership realizes it's a futile fight. Would rather be in a 1 team town than take the Cubs' scraps. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

I dont mind Mazara. Lots of untapped potential. For rebuilds to work you have to hit on some unexpected players. If he works out great, if not then you move on from him in a year. 

There is lots of talent there with him 

I really love this post 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Renteria just said he can defend.  Great job with the scouting at the MLB level.  

He also said Abreu is a "phenomenal first baseman". Said it before, but I think he's going to play Abreu alot of 1B in the future than people think. And I also believe he is the guy who will keep the Sox (depending on moves too) from taking that next step as a playoff team because of his stubbornness and his stupidity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

I dont mind Mazara. Lots of untapped potential. For rebuilds to work you have to hit on some unexpected players. If he works out great, if not then you move on from him in a year. 

There is lots of talent there with him 

I'm with you. I like Mazara, just mortified of the return. Plus, you know that if he figures it out, he's walking in 2 years because Scott Boras. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

This guy is one month older than Moncada. If Moncada would have hit what Mazara hit this year would he be considered trash? 

I mean it home the first time.  Mazara is a young dude.

But also completely ignoring the fact that he's arb 2, already making just under $6M, and very likely will be a non-tender candidate in 10 months isn't exactly a fair way to frame it either.  

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

His DRS has always been bad. Why would that change? That also factors in range. 

Theres really no evidence that DRS is a superior fielding metric than UZR/150. 

I certainly wouldnt ignore his DRS, which is why i said hes still below average despite his dead average UZR/150. He's not as bad as DRS says and he's not as good as UZR/150 more than likely. Teams, I imagine, have even better fielding valiation tools.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean it home the first time.  Mazara is a young dude.

But also completely ignoring the fact that he's arb 2, already making just under $6M, and very likely will be a non-tender candidate in 10 months isn't exactly a fair way to frame it either.  

And like Parkman just mentioned as well, Boras is his agent.  So even if he booms with us in the next two seasons, we likely won’t even be able to extend him anyways.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm with you. I like Mazara, just mortified of the return. Plus, you know that if he figures it out, he's walking in 2 years because Scott Boras. 

Jack if he figures it out and has potential to walk that would still be a good scenario for our beloved.

• Like 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Like Parkman just mentioned as well, Boras is his agent.  So even if he booms with us in the next two seasons, we likely won’t even be able to extend him anyways.

I couldn't be less concerned about the ability to extend him.  I am rolling the dice on him for a year with the full expectation to replace him next offseason.  If the Sox aren't good this year, he's probably traded again. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic