Wade Miley to Cinci

DirtySox

16 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Like who?

I don’t know...maybe Wood? Teheran? Bailey?

We might have just not liked Miley at all.

Like I’ve been saying for a couple weeks now...just wait until the offseason is over before complaining about each and every move. We could sign Keuchel and Wood still and nobody would think twice about this Miley deal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don’t know...maybe Wood? Teheran? Bailey?

We might have just not liked Miley at all.

Like I’ve been saying for a couple weeks now...just wait until the offseason is over before complaining about each and every move. We could sign Keuchel and Wood still and nobody would think twice about this Miley deal. 

Sox might be wise to grab Wood/Teheran/Bailey/Gio/Nova/etc soon something they do not seem desperate in a trade. At least they will have acquired one starting option, lessening the pressure a little bit?

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

All these pitchers people b****ing about would become another Nova fiasco.  Tired of this crap.   Yes, I rather Covey and Fulmer take on the piñata treatment then pissing $8 million down the barrel of pitching junk. 

Speaking of Nova, he turns 33 next month and had a 2.0 WAR last year. Miley just turned 33 and had a 2.0 WAR last year. 

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

All these pitchers people b****ing about would become another Nova fiasco.  Tired of this crap.   Yes, I rather Covey and Fulmer take on the piñata treatment then pissing $8 million down the barrel of pitching junk. 

Nova was a much, much better pitcher than Covey or Fulmer last year, but you’d rather have watched some of the worst pitchers in baseball make up Novas 190 IP last year because you get that much satisfaction out of the white Sox having another 8 million in their pockets? 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fine with me. He completely collapsed towards the end of last year.  I do look forward to the meltdown on here now.

He collapsed more than likely because he had pitched a lot more innings than the year before. He was the guy I wanted and I think I was the only one to predict he would get 2 years.

It would be pretty darned pathetic if Homer Bailey (who was cast off by the Royals and Reds) is the big solution.  Heck, we might as well try to fix Dark Knight Harvey for about the 4th time the way things are trending.

Yet somehow, Nova/Gio/Teheran seems even more likely now, since we keep collecting every Latin American player there is to be had.  You can't take Walker and Wood with their injury histories, you need at least one guy like McHugh you can at least count on to take the ball when it's his turn.

Also, no idea why we didn't make a play for Pineda, would have kept him off the Twins at least???

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Speaking of Nova, he turns 33 next month and had a 2.0 WAR last year. Miley just turned 33 and had a 2.0 WAR last year. 

Yikes, you are going to be upset when you look up the WAR of the players you listed.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It would be pretty darned pathetic if Homer Bailey (who was cast off by the Royals and Reds) is the big solution.  Heck, we might as well try to fix Dark Knight Harvey for about the 4th time the way things are trending.

Yet somehow, Nova/Gio/Teheran seems even more likely now, since we keep collecting every Latin American player there is to be had.  You can't take Walker and Wood with their injury histories, you need at least one guy like McHugh you can at least count on to take the ball when it's his turn.

Also, no idea why we didn't make a play for Pineda, would have kept him off the Twins at least???

Kenny always gets his guy!

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yikes, you are going to be upset when you look up the WAR of the players you listed.

Why is that? I don’t want Wood, Teheran, or Bailey any more or less than I wanted Miley...or Nova for that matter. There are several pitchers out there in this tier, and I just want the Sox to grab whichever one they feel strongly about. Maybe they want upside. Maybe they want an innings eater. 

The point of my Miley/Nova comparison was that people were getting upset about Miley because another pitcher was off the board, but there’s no way they would have reacted that way if Nova signed somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Nova was a much, much better pitcher than Covey or Fulmer last year, but you’d rather have watched some of the worst pitchers in baseball make up Novas 190 IP last year because you get that much satisfaction out of the white Sox having another 8 million in their pockets? 

I rather those $8 million in 2020 not being the "hypothetical" reason why in 2021 they decide not to get a good a player or extend one of their core guys. 

Edited by HOFHurt35

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I rather those $8 million in 2020 not being the "hypothetical" reason why in 2021 they decide not to get a good a player or extend one of their core guys. 

Falling right into Hahn’s trap of the notion that they will spend next offseason..  and then when next offseason rolls around and the Sox sign no one of note, they will surely spend it in the following offseason?

It goes on and on.

If $8 million dictates what you are saying, the Sox have no prayer anyways.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1