Steve Stone: more bullpen help is coming

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Do you think Stone knows of a specific signing/trade that is close to happening? Or do you think he just knows we’ve been looking into bullpen help and expects something to happen soon?

He has direct ties to the team and JR. He is getting his info directly from them. I think they are using him to calm down the fan base. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the fanbase need to be calmed?

You think hahn is calling stone poney between deals to keep him updated?

Stone clearly gets some info from Jerry, but I still don’t think the front office is purposely leaking stuff to him for fan relations or marketing purposes.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Stone clearly gets some info from Jerry, but I still don’t think the front office is purposely leaking stuff to him for fan relations or marketing purposes.

Possibly but youd think Jerry would get a deal done with stone before telling him about other deals. I think stone just knows theyr3 targeting certain positions like most smart fans know. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Possibly but youd think Jerry would get a deal done with stone before telling him about other deals. I think stone just knows theyr3 targeting certain positions like most smart fans know. 

The deal could already be in place but waiting after holiday and new year's to respect players involved.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh I agree and have said as much in a previous post.  That being said, he’s clearly getting some high level info from Jerry that he’s using to help educate his opinions.

1 hour ago, OmarComing25 said:

Only Mitch Keller and Brock Stewart had a higher gap between their allowed wOBA and their xwOBA than Diaz, if we could somehow buy low on him I'd be all for it.

He was hit harder than ever (but so was rest of the league) and his xwOBA puts him close to his 2017 season, which is still a darn good reliever. I suspect Mets would ask for at least Stiever or Dunning.

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the fanbase need to be calmed?

You think hahn is calling stone poney between deals to keep him updated?

I certainly do. There is a reason Stone tweeted about building houses, the more knowledgeable fans, and all of his updates that ironically come true. Yes, they want the fan base to calm down as they keep sending me emails and calling me to reup tickets. Any FO worth their weight wants a happy fanbase. 

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maybe JR has already told Stone he'd be back after they take care of team business. Stone would not be spilling lithe beans if he was concerned about not having a job. He'd be kissing JRs ass for sure, but not leaking team business. For instance, when he tweeted about a pitcher signing, some people were clamoring for Ryu, and some asked steve if he preferred Ryu or Keuchel. Steve responded in one word, Keuchel. Probably because he knew that was our target. 

3 hours ago, Sarava said:

That's a pretty big gamble, considering how awful he was last year.

You are nuts. I would be all over a Diaz deal. Now I agree with you that I'm not trading premium talent but if they ask for Stiever for him (for example), I'd probably do it. Edwin is still only 25 (will be 26 in March) and still has 3 years of control left. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Maybe JR has already told Stone he'd be back after they take care of team business. Stone would not be spilling lithe beans if he was concerned about not having a job. He'd be kissing JRs ass for sure, but not leaking team business. For instance, when he tweeted about a pitcher signing, some people were clamoring for Ryu, and some asked steve if he preferred Ryu or Keuchel. Steve responded in one word, Keuchel. Probably because he knew that was our target. 

He should be spilling more ungainly beans imo

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

And explained why team cut Yolmer and then why team picked EE over Castellanos.

35 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

why trade for a reliever when there are good free agent options still available??

Neither of those guys have the talent of Diaz not to mention the youth factor. Sox bullpen was ranked 28th in strikeouts last season. Diaz would solve alot of those issues in spades. 

Now having said that, if the Sox feel Hamilton/Burdi/Johnson etc. can be an X-factor down the line, then that's another story. Those guys do have elite stuff. 

Edited by SoxAce