New Chisox Motto

pcq

13 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's 2020 so I think something like "One Vision" would have been good.Stole it from the Queen song of the same name.

or "Only the Beginning"  from the lyrics from the song Beginnings from the band Chicago

or "Rushing Headlong" from the Queen song Headlong

And you're rushing headlong you've got a new goal
And you're rushing headlong out of control
And you think you're so strong
But there ain't no stopping and there's nothin'
You can do about it
Nothin' you can do
No there's nothin' you can do about it
No there's nothin' you can, nothin' you can
Nothin' you can do about it

Or "A New Hope" inspired by Star Wars

I'd like "One Vision' as a moto.  How about "Let's f$&king go!!!!"  The time is now to build to championships' so let's go!!!!

5 hours ago, Lonchair said:

I'd like "One Vision' as a moto.  How about "Let's f$&king go!!!!"  The time is now to build to championships' so let's go!!!!

Thanks. Naturally I thought all my suggestions were good ones.

I particularly liked Rushing Headlong because the lyrics fit and in my head I envisioned Sox players like Moncada Robert and the other fast guys hustling , busting their asses on the bases and on the field diving, head first slides to score in a video montage in my head with the song as the background music.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

“Proving It”...although that has all kinds of ways to backfire.

One Shot

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted? One moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

One Shot implies you know you are only getting one shot  so what does that mean for sustained success ? Surely doesn't apply for this year.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

One Shot implies you know you are only getting one shot  so what does that mean for sustained success ? Surely doesn't apply for this year.

Lol.  I knew that was coming.  Five shots kind of defeats the point of the entire song...it’s more the music and feeling, imo that Gladiator soundtrack (not exact, but similar) was getting tired, but no idea if they still even play that at the beginning with the line-up intros.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Lol.  I knew that was coming.  Five shots kind of defeats the point of the entire song...it’s more the music and feeling, imo that Gladiator soundtrack (not exact, but similar) was getting tired, but no idea if they still even play that at the beginning with the line-up intros.

With your knowledge and education just thought you were capable of better. You know mottos are more about the words than anything else. Songs are more an end of season clubhouse thing like the Sox and SF Giants both using "Don't Stop Believing" .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

With your knowledge and education just thought you were capable of better. You know mottos are more about the words than anything else. Songs are more an end of season clubhouse thing like the Sox and SF Giants both using "Don't Stop Believing" .

For the players, I’d go with a reggaeton song, like Gasolina or Rompe.

http://readyjessgo.com/2017/08/09/20-reggaeton-songs-that-are-better-than-despacito/

Or some Cuban calypso music...

Run Hard.  Run Fast.

1 Team, 1 Mission (or you could use Vision)

Winning is a Habit, Success is a Choice

Go Big or Go Home

Respect All, Fear None

Practice with a Purpose, Play with (a) Passion

It All Starts With Attitude

11 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

I hope none of you are in marketing cause these are all terrible 😂 

I beg your pardon. Mine were great ! Feel free to take your best shot and open yourself up to criticism. ;)

Ideally they should be short 2-6 words and convey a strong message about the current state of the team in a positive way . Hustle, power, attitude speed, youth and coming into the 1st expected  good year emerging from the rebuild should all be in your head before you make one.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

28 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Change the Game is perfect.

Also, this thread is fantastic.

Yea as far as recent publicity to a Sox player, Tim Anderson kind of led the charge into the let the kids play genre with his change the game type attitude with the bat flips and quotes afterwards about doing things to bring the kids into the ballpark.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thanks. Naturally I thought all my suggestions were good ones.

I particularly liked Rushing Headlong because the lyrics fit and in my head I envisioned Sox players like Moncada Robert and the other fast guys hustling , busting their asses on the bases and on the field diving, head first slides to score in a video montage in my head with the song as the background music.

How about "Running Up That Hill", Kate Bush/Placebo song?  The line "and get him to swap our places" would be played when we play the Yankees.