**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I binged over the summer. The series finale is incredible. Great series.

Anyone watching Yellowjackets on Showtime? I dig it so far 

Around Black Friday, YouTube TV had a promo where you could add add-ons for $1 a month for 2 months. Taking advantage and watching Dexter. May have to check out Yellowjackets as it looks interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Invasion on Apple+.  It was panned by critics and audiences complained it was too slow.  I'm actually really enjoying it.  I like the slow build and not seeing the aliens right away.  The character building it decent, although not many of the characters are likable.  I find this to be pretty realistic, though, with people being selfish and motivated to do what's best for them when disaster strikes.

Station Eleven on HBO Max is very good.  I didn't know what to expect based on the description, and I didn't know if I was ready to watch a show about a pandemic.  But, the show does a nice job of jumping around it time showing how the pandemic unfolded and then how life is after (decades into the future).

The second season of The Witcher is awesome.  So far, it's even more fun than the first season while expanding on the universe.

I just started Station Eleven last night....sorta on the fence about it so far but I will give it more time of course.

You (Netflix) 3 seasons- Pretty good, I liked season 2 the most don't know if a season 4 is needed but they are dong it.

I feel like I need to rewatch season 1 of the Witcher before starting the second season....the first was all over the place.

15 hours ago, MEANS said:

I just started Station Eleven last night....sorta on the fence about it so far but I will give it more time of course.

You (Netflix) 3 seasons- Pretty good, I liked season 2 the most don't know if a season 4 is needed but they are dong it.

I feel like I need to rewatch season 1 of the Witcher before starting the second season....the first was all over the place.

I read that they did away with the confusing out-of-sequence time jumps from the first season.  At the very end of the first season it all came together, and we realized that the story was told out of sequence, and it made sense.  But it was probably over done.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

I read that they did away with the confusing out-of-sequence time jumps from the first season.  At the very end of the first season it all came together, and we realized that the story was told out of sequence, and it made sense.  But it was probably over done.

Yea they put the episodes in sequential order this time because of the complaints.  I believe there is a correct way to watch the first season so it is mostly chronological but I'm not sure what it is, Reddit probably has the order 

• 2 weeks later...

Last season of Shameless was decent. They found a solid note to end it on while staying true to the show.

Also started The Good Place. First season was spectacular,  but am in season 2 now, and it has lost something with the big reveal.

Another one I don't think I have ever mentioned is Curse of Oak Island. Not quite sure why I still hang on, but have been fascinated by the story forever. I still watch knowing full well they will never find a treasure,  but love the history that is found. 

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also started The Good Place. First season was spectacular,  but am in season 2 now, and it has lost something with the big reveal.

My wife and I watched that when it was actually on TV. It started out good but did have it's ups and downs. Sometimes it was a struggle to get through and I think they started running out of ideas. The finale was pretty good though.

caught most of season 1 of Resident Alien on Sunday, SYFY ran a marathon. I really enjoyed it, some great laugh out loud parts. Looking forward to season 2 starting at the end of the month.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, MEANS said:

caught most of season 1 of Resident Alien on Sunday, SYFY ran a marathon. I really enjoyed it, some great laugh out loud parts. Looking forward to season 2 starting at the end of the month.

Alan Tudyk is just outstanding and the supporting cast is great too.  I am very excited for the 2nd season.  I hope it is as good as season 1 and if it is not I will be saying "That is some bullshit." :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Started Yellowjackets and have enjoyed it so far. Season finale is this Sunday.

I also started Your Honor with Bryan Cranston and it has had me hooked since the intro of the first episode.

I like Yellowjackets although I’d like to know how long they’ve been out there because they don’t seem to be as starving as they say. 
I think it’s a slow burn and sh*t will go down in finale.

25 minutes ago, Brian said:

I like Yellowjackets although I’d like to know how long they’ve been out there because they don’t seem to be as starving as they say. 
I think it’s a slow burn and sh*t will go down in finale.

That's what we were saying too. I wish they showed how long it's been at the bottom during each episode (Day 1, Day 30, etc).

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Hacks on HBOMax is good.  I had never heard of it until I read that one the actors won a Golden Globe.  I'll give any HBO comedy that wins an award a chance.   It's about a young female LA writer who's forced to write jokes for a Joan Rivers type comedian in Vegas.   Fun to watch and lots of good shots of Vegas.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:18 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

That's what we were saying too. I wish they showed how long it's been at the bottom during each episode (Day 1, Day 30, etc).

Yea, I want to say it's been like 2 months so far? I agree, some sort of timeline would definitely help.

I love the show so far, but I have a LOT of different ways I would have approached this survival so far. Maybe it's the fact that it's a bunch of HS girls who don't think the way a grown ass adult would, but there indifference to exploring or seeking out help has been very frustrating so far. Obviously a handful of them survive, but I find myself throwing my hands up at the screen every time I see them all just hanging out at the cabin for an entire day. 

Also, I totally think Jackie makes it out of there. I think they are pushing really hard for us to think she died out there. I do think it's possible she's dead in the present timeline, but I think she either died AFTER they made it out, or she disappeared and survived in hiding this entire time. I just have a very very hard time believing she died in the wilderness based on how much they want us to think that's the case.

27 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yea, I want to say it's been like 2 months so far? I agree, some sort of timeline would definitely help.

I love the show so far, but I have a LOT of different ways I would have approached this survival so far. Maybe it's the fact that it's a bunch of HS girls who don't think the way a grown ass adult would, but there indifference to exploring or seeking out help has been very frustrating so far. Obviously a handful of them survive, but I find myself throwing my hands up at the screen every time I see them all just hanging out at the cabin for an entire day. 

Also, I totally think Jackie makes it out of there. I think they are pushing really hard for us to think she died out there. I do think it's possible she's dead in the present timeline, but I think she either died AFTER they made it out, or she disappeared and survived in hiding this entire time. I just have a very very hard time believing she died in the wilderness based on how much they want us to think that's the case.

It may even be longer. I think the first episode was late spring during high school baseball and girls soccer season? And the last episode they talked about how it would be homecoming? 

Edited by Bob Sacamano

9 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It may even be longer. I think the first episode was late spring during high school baseball and girls soccer season? And the last episode they talked about how it would be homecoming? 

Yea, you're right. So they went to National's instead of going to Prom. And Prom would typically be like mid-late May. Homecoming would be mid-late September.

So they are probably at about 4 months right now, which would make sense with the one girl's baby bump starting to show.

14 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yes! Build a big fire in the open or something to show you’re trying to get rescued! 😂

Some states have girls soccer in fall. Not sure if they ever specified in first couple of eps. This is why we need clarity on timeline.

After e9, I feel it’s leading to the finale where they snap and Jackie is the first to be killed and…feasted. Either by the girls, or probably whatever possesses them. Her or the other boy.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, Chisoxfn said:

So is it good. Its been on my list for a while but haven't yet dove into it.  

It's very good.  I didn't know what to expect, even with the nearly 100% positive reviews.  It jumps around in time a lot, but it will at least tell you what year it is (in pandemic years with 2020 being year zero).  The bulk of the story takes place in 2040 (year 20), but there's a ton of flashback and character detail.  I was surprised at how much I enjoy it.