**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

On 1/13/2022 at 2:17 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Are we ready to talk about Dexter fucking up the ending AGAIN??

I wasn't really upset with how it ended but the build up to it. Felt so rushed, they left out things that would have been really interesting to seen (Batista actually confronting Dexter)

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I wasn't really upset with how it ended but the build up to it. Felt so rushed, they left out things that would have been really interesting to seen (Batista actually confronting Dexter)

I thought so too. But I guess that is the problem with a mini-series. Maybe if they signed on for more seasons up front, the story could have been fleshed out more.

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I had turned off Showtime after Billions ended for the season, and was thinking about getting it again for Dexter, but sounds like I am glad I didn't.

Idk if you use a streaming service or not, but YouTube TV offered premium channels for $1 for 2 months at the end of November. Since I was going to wait for Dexter to be finished and add it for a month anyway, I jumped on that deal. That has led me to watching Yellowjackets and now Your Honor (with Bryan Cranston) currently.

I started Station Eleven. We are 3 episodes in and I can't figure out if I like it or not. Real weird and I have no idea what's happening at times, or why things are happening or who people are.

Yellowjackets with an awesome finale. I guess I was wrong about Jackie, and honestly I think it's lame to have her story end like that. Wouldn't survival instinct kick in and just get your ass in the house? Seemed a bit farfetched that her pride let her freeze to death. 

And Book of Boba Fett?? Honestly....not enjoying it very much. It's fine, I'll keep watching, but I just don't find it that fun. That awful chase scene with the Power Rangers kids was so cringey. Terrible CGI with characters/outfits/vehicles that didn't fit the Star Wars universe at all. Totally took me out of it and reminded me that Disney owns the IP. I've been way more excited about the Obi Wan series than I ever was about this Boba series, but now my expectations have fallen a bit since Madalorian. 

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I started Station Eleven. We are 3 episodes in and I can't figure out if I like it or not. Real weird and I have no idea what's happening at times, or why things are happening or who people are.

I just finished watching all 10 episodes.  The 10th episode is the final of the show so no waiting for more seasons.   I agree that it is hard to get in to but I'm glad I stuck with it since it is a good show and everything is explained and tied up by the final episode.  Lots of scenes in Chicago including a 2005 flashback where the actor is wearing a Sox scarf.  

For those of you who don't know Station Eleven is about a COVID type virus that is super contagious and far deadlier.  It's not so much about the spread but what happens to a certain group of survivors.  It can seem bleak at times especially considering the current circumstances but overall its an entertaining show.  

On 1/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Last season of Shameless was decent. They found a solid note to end it on while staying true to the show.

Also started The Good Place. First season was spectacular,  but am in season 2 now, and it has lost something with the big reveal.

Another one I don't think I have ever mentioned is Curse of Oak Island. Not quite sure why I still hang on, but have been fascinated by the story forever. I still watch knowing full well they will never find a treasure,  but love the history that is found. 

The Good Place was a great show. One of my favorite comedies is a very long time. 

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

This past week of The Book of Boba Fett being by far the best episode of the season should be a pretty worrying sign for the writers. That was far more interesting than any of the other storylines so far.

I hope they are done with boba flashbacks going forward because it really kills that show.  

also, Bryce Dallas Howard is gonna get her own Star Wars something, not sure if show or movies or what, and she is gonna kill it.  Every mando or Boba episode she has directed has been great 

59 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I hope they are done with boba flashbacks going forward because it really kills that show.  

also, Bryce Dallas Howard is gonna get her own Star Wars something, not sure if show or movies or what, and she is gonna kill it.  Every mando or Boba episode she has directed has been great 

I’ve read some people say that the show would have been better if it was just done chronologically, and I have to agree with that. I actually liked the long backstory bit in episode 2, but even though it was interesting it felt like it was interrupting the other plot.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I’ve read some people say that the show would have been better if it was just done chronologically, and I have to agree with that. I actually liked the long backstory bit in episode 2, but even though it was interesting it felt like it was interrupting the other plot.

It definitely could have been done better.  And I understand the setup, what they are trying to get to.  It just drags.

im all for the bad wookie and mando being the muscle though, looking forward to that 

30 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This - they could have had literally the same content but if they did it in a better order we all would have enjoyed it better. Like you I liked the backstory but when it was broke down into so many small pieces it just got annoying. 

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It definitely could have been done better.  And I understand the setup, what they are trying to get to.  It just drags.

im all for the bad wookie and mando being the muscle though, looking forward to that 

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - they could have had literally the same content but if they did it in a better order we all would have enjoyed it better. Like you I liked the backstory but when it was broke down into so many small pieces it just got annoying. 

Yeah, I’ve been fairly disappointed with the series but I guess it’s not super surprising. I think what happened is Boba was supposed to be what The Mandalorian show was….then they decided they maybe wanted some more creative freedoms so they went in a slightly different direction and made this new character. It worked really well and they said “Lets bring Boba back and sell a bunch of more merchandise!” But all the character traits of Mando should have gone to Boba. But they couldn’t have him be the exact same character as Mando, so they had to make Boba different…and he kinda stinks. The scene two weeks ago when he was chasing around that little robot…come on. They make him out to be this soft, almost goofball at times and I just don’t think it works. 

The Mando episode was by far the best episode of the series and Boba didn’t make an appearance. That’s trouble. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Yeah, I’ve been fairly disappointed with the series but I guess it’s not super surprising. I think what happened is Boba was supposed to be what The Mandalorian show was….then they decided they maybe wanted some more creative freedoms so they went in a slightly different direction and made this new character. It worked really well and they said “Lets bring Boba back and sell a bunch of more merchandise!” But all the character traits of Mando should have gone to Boba. But they couldn’t have him be the exact same character as Mando, so they had to make Boba different…and he kinda stinks. The scene two weeks ago when he was chasing around that little robot…come on. They make him out to be this soft, almost goofball at times and I just don’t think it works. 

The Mando episode was by far the best episode of the series and Boba didn’t make an appearance. That’s trouble. 

100% 

The first half of season of Ozark is great.  Episode 7 was fantastic.  Can't wait for the second half.

And holy crap, Peacemaker is a lot of fun.  Perfect mix of action and humor.  John Cena is perfect in the role.

Edited by hogan873

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

The first half of season of Ozark is great.  Episode 7 was fantastic.  Can't wait for the second half.

And holy crap, Peacemaker is a lot of fun.  Perfect mix of action and humor.  John Cena is perfect in the role.

Ruth’s acting in that last episode was phenomenal.

and yes Peacemaker is a really good time.