**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tony said:

Winning Time on HBO has been awesome. 

I enjoyed the first ep but the next two have kinda been stuck in the mud for me.

John C Reilly is great but Jason Clarke continues to be one of the most uncharismatic actors I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Brian

Since I have Hulu, I was offered to add Disney+ for $2.99 a month.  I figured what the hell, might as well check it out.  I had never had much interest in The Mandalorian, but I started watching it yesterday.  Well, I'm hooked.

3 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Since I have Hulu, I was offered to add Disney+ for $2.99 a month.  I figured what the hell, might as well check it out.  I had never had much interest in The Mandalorian, but I started watching it yesterday.  Well, I'm hooked.

This is the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, southsider2k5 said:

If you were a fan of fresh prince of Bel air, the new series is a solid spin on it. It's modern and serious,  but there are also some solid Easter eggs thru it.  The characters are really well done.

This was a great 1st season.  I love what they did to bring this show into 2022, complete with their being real people with real faults and issues that would come with the life styles they have as these characters.  I am 100% hooked on this reboot, which is probably the first time I have ever said that.  They aren't redoing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, they are completely retelling the story.

59 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I had never seen impractical jokers until I stumbled on it following an NCAA game. That show is hillarious.

:o How this that possible? They've been on for years and play marathons of the show pretty much daily on TBS.

Also, watch the old episodes when Joe was still with them. They are indeed hilarious.

22 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

:o How this that possible? They've been on for years and play marathons of the show pretty much daily on TBS.

Also, watch the old episodes when Joe was still with them. They are indeed hilarious.

I think Joe is only gone starting this next season right (so he was in all of them so far but than the first season without Joe starts this summer)?  But yeah - pretty much every night I've watched whatever ones I randomly one (all seasons) and my wife and I are literally in tears laughing. Sometimes its at the bit sometimes its at the friends cracking up hard at their buddy - but the chemistry of the guys is just stellar.  

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think Joe is only gone starting this next season right (so he was in all of them so far but than the first season without Joe starts this summer)?  But yeah - pretty much every night I've watched whatever ones I randomly one (all seasons) and my wife and I are literally in tears laughing. Sometimes its at the bit sometimes its at the friends cracking up hard at their buddy - but the chemistry of the guys is just stellar.  

They played the first episode without Joe last night. They had Eric Andre in as a special guest but only for the final punishment. I figured they would just have a different celebrity come in for every episode so they always have 4 guys but apparently not.

The episodes with Joey Fatone are really good too.

12 hours ago, Brian said:

The Dropout and Super Pumped are worth watching.

WeCrashed is pretty bad.

I read Bad Blood, the story of Theranos, which the upcoming movie is based on.  But since it's a true story I assume the show will be very similar.  I enjoyed the first episode.  Amanda Seyfried does a good job as Elizabeth Holmes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I cannot wait for the last half of Better Call Saul.  What an ending to this half.

Yeah this first half was kind of dragging and I wasn’t sure what what happening, but it all came together.