**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Hopefully. I feel like it was definitely needed if it is that long (or longer).

With only four episodes left, I imagine we'll see the Saul we knew from Breaking Bad from this point forward.  Plus maybe some flash forwards to Gene the Cinnabon guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I would have rather they used old Breaking Bad footage.  Jessie is too old for it to feel right. 

Gene is not dumb enough to do what he looked to be doing at the end unless he wants it to end but that doesn't fit his character. 

I took it more as an addict who was finally getting a fix after a long layoff and lost control.  Jimmy never really did know when to quit, and he could have failed at it again.  He loved his scams. Even with what happened to his brother,  he still had to scam Howard. 

17 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I took it more as an addict who was finally getting a fix after a long layoff and lost control.  Jimmy never really did know when to quit, and he could have failed at it again.  He loved his scams. Even with what happened to his brother,  he still had to scam Howard. 

Yeah, it just shows that Jimmy hasn't changed and never will.  He'll always be Saul Goodman, scammer.

• Fire 1

On 8/5/2022 at 6:04 AM, hogan873 said:

Yeah, it just shows that Jimmy hasn't changed and never will.  He'll always be Saul Goodman, scammer.

I've been avoiding this thread because I've been behind on Saul and didn't want to read spoilers. We had a baby born April 29 so TV watching has taken a back burner because it's been pretty rare for the wife and I to actually have a few hours together at night to sit and watch.

Finally fully caught up as we binged Season 6 over the last week or so. 'Plan and Execution' was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. Going to really miss this show and universe when it comes to an end Monday.

One thing that bothered me was Jimmy going back to the cancer patient's house and breaking the window. Just seems like it's too sloppy of a crime and out of his character.

It does seem like they are going for the same Breaking Bad arc for Walter White. Where by the end of the show you realize you've been rooting for the bad guy the whole time and you see the destruction he has left in his path to all the people in his life. Like you said, Saul will always be a scammer. Maybe Chuck was right about Jimmy. People all love Jimmy because he's personable and fun but at the end of the day, he's always cutting corners and it brings down everyone around him. But, like the cockroach, Jimmy always survives...

Edited by KrankinSox

Great finale of Better Call Saul last night.  I think it wrapped things up quite well.

Spoiler

Loved the twist at the end with him retelling the story of meeting Water White for the first time and then telling the truth about how he loved it and essentially made Walt who he was.  I don't think he does that if he didn't find out Kim had confessed.  For all his faults, he loved her and would do anything for her.

7 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Great finale of Better Call Saul last night.  I think it wrapped things up quite well.

Hide contents

Loved the twist at the end with him retelling the story of meeting Water White for the first time and then telling the truth about how he loved it and essentially made Walt who he was.  I don't think he does that if he didn't find out Kim had confessed.  For all his faults, he loved her and would do anything for her.

I am struggling with the finale.  I hated Jimmy for giving up the 7 years.  I have a hard time believing he would do that and am struggling to think of a time he did something similar in either show.  I did like the finale overall, as his character just seems to have a charisma that resonates with the slimier elements of the world, and it was fitting that he gets to prison and everyone loves him.  I was also glad that they didn't give Jimmy some happy ending arc that just didn't make sense.  After all the theme of his entire character is that he can't help himself.  He always thought he was smarter than everyone else, and could out think the world.  Eventually he was going to make the mistake that took him down, and it was fitting that it was a mistake of impulse (with forcing the break in on the cancer patient), and not a mistake in planning where he was always two steps ahead.

As to past this, I have said it before, but Giancarlo Esposito is a great character in a show called Godfather of Harlem.  The show is spectacular, and no one talks about it.  Incredible cast, great writing, and worth a watch.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am struggling with the finale.  I hated Jimmy for giving up the 7 years.  I have a hard time believing he would do that and am struggling to think of a time he did something similar in either show.  I did like the finale overall, as his character just seems to have a charisma that resonates with the slimier elements of the world, and it was fitting that he gets to prison and everyone loves him.  I was also glad that they didn't give Jimmy some happy ending arc that just didn't make sense.  After all the theme of his entire character is that he can't help himself.  He always thought he was smarter than everyone else, and could out think the world.  Eventually he was going to make the mistake that took him down, and it was fitting that it was a mistake of impulse (with forcing the break in on the cancer patient), and not a mistake in planning where he was always two steps ahead.

As to past this, I have said it before, but Giancarlo Esposito is a great character in a show called American Gangster.  The show is spectacular, and no one talks about it.  Incredible cast, great writing, and worth a watch.

I don't think it's called that...

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

As to past this, I have said it before, but Giancarlo Esposito is a great character in a show called American Gangster.  The show is spectacular, and no one talks about it.  Incredible cast, great writing, and worth a watch.

I said that about last week's episode and it rolled forward to me.  Part of me loves the Carol Burnett character taking him down and another finds it hooky.  

Jimmy doing what he did doesn't help Kim at all...take the 7 years and it feels right.  

49 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I said that about last week's episode and it rolled forward to me.  Part of me loves the Carol Burnett character taking him down and another finds it hooky.  

Jimmy doing what he did doesn't help Kim at all...take the 7 years and it feels right.  

And the whole reason she takes him down is because Jimmy taught her how to use her laptop.  That was a stroke of genius.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally started “The Orville” a few weeks ago and got addicted. Only 36 eps so far so I breezed through it. Hope there’s an s4.

I thought it was going to be sci-fi satire but it’s a serious sci-fi show with some comedy and good characters.

• Like 1