**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

What I've started watching with all the free time I have from not watching Sox games:

• Started watching House of the Dragon. Never saw Game of Thrones, but this is a prequel so I'm just going to start with it
  • Ken Burns' documentary The U.S. and the Holocause. Airing this week on PBS. Learned a lot of stuff about WWII/the Holocaust that they don't teach in school
  • The Hunters on Amazon Prime. Fictional story about Nazi hunters in the US in the 1970s. One season in the books and supposedly a second one coming.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, Brian said:

I finally started “The Orville” a few weeks ago and got addicted. Only 36 eps so far so I breezed through it. Hope there’s an s4.

I thought it was going to be sci-fi satire but it’s a serious sci-fi show with some comedy and good characters.

I watched it when it was on Fox. It wasn't quite what I expected but I still enjoyed it. I'm sad that it's only on Hulu now.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, CentralChamps21 said:

What I've started watching with all the free time I have from not watching Sox games:

• Started watching House of the Dragon. Never saw Game of Thrones, but this is a prequel so I'm just going to start with it
  • Ken Burns' documentary The U.S. and the Holocause. Airing this week on PBS. Learned a lot of stuff about WWII/the Holocaust that they don't teach in school
  • The Hunters on Amazon Prime. Fictional story about Nazi hunters in the US in the 1970s. One season in the books and supposedly a second one coming.

This should be required viewing for every American of voting age.  Our complicity in the Holocaust is horrifying.  The fact that some think it made up makes me irrationally angry.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:47 AM, hogan873 said:

Finally started Yellowstone.  I didn't really know what to expect, but I was hooked immediately.  Kind of like a Western Succession.  Even a bit of Game of Thrones in there.

Yellowstone is out of ideas in the current season, but it’s ok.

I’m a full two episodes into Succession, and I really like it! Looking forward to getting though these three seasons. 

Anyone else watch That 90's Show? 

I enjoyed it for the most part but it still wasn't quite as good as the original. You can tell they are doing the same basic characters over again even though 3 of them were gender-swapped.  

There are a ton of homages and call-backs to the original show and the set looks basically the exact same. It reminds me a lot of what they did with Fuller House.

Most of the original main cast have at least one cameo appearance minus Danny Masterton for obvious reasons. They even make mention of Laurie but not by name.

Should be interesting to see if the come back with a season 2 or not since they left the ending open for one.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 4:08 PM, Iwritecode said:

Anyone else watch That 90's Show? 

I enjoyed it for the most part but it still wasn't quite as good as the original. You can tell they are doing the same basic characters over again even though 3 of them were gender-swapped.  

There are a ton of homages and call-backs to the original show and the set looks basically the exact same. It reminds me a lot of what they did with Fuller House.

Most of the original main cast have at least one cameo appearance minus Danny Masterton for obvious reasons. They even make mention of Laurie but not by name.

Should be interesting to see if the come back with a season 2 or not since they left the ending open for one.

I enjoyed it too.  Nothing spectacular but it kept me entertained through out and hit me in the nostalgia feels.

4 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Thoughts? And have you played the games?

Never played the game - but so far very much enjoy the show. The first episode was stellar but very curious to see how it continues but enjoying it a lot. My wife is too and she usually is not into this type of show. 

5 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Thoughts? And have you played the games?

Yes. And I love that they are changing up some of the story (keeps you guessing if you have played the games) without going too outside of it. The last episode advanced the story just as much as the story told in the game. Obviously, they have to be told somewhat differently as they are two different forms of entertainment.

• Thanks 1