Betts to Dodgers

Whisox05

Not sure what to make of this whole scenario...but the Dodgers are significantly better at a very cheap cost. Price will have a renaissance in the NL and Dodgers are the team to beat yet again. Maybe, just maybe they finally win it all.

Dodgers most likely will re-sign Betts also...so those dreams (never realistic) are over.  had to edit for Moan...

Twins are better, 2020 is theirs and honestly 2021 is a whole lot tougher now. 

This is not a great night for the White Sox. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Not sure what to make of this whole scenario...but the Dodgers are significantly better at a very cheap cost. Price will have a renaissance in the NL and Dodgers are the team to beat yet again. Maybe, just maybe they finally win it all.

Dodgers most likely will resign Betts also...so those dreams (never realistic) are over. 

Because of Kenta Maeda? I'm not overly concerned with him. He is far from a sure bet coming into the AL, and he has finished in the bullpen the past 2 seasons. He's not the massive upgrade to their team considering the pretty nice piece given up to get him. Is he an upgrade from what they had? Yes. But Donaldson is a much bigger name to fear than Maeda, IMO. Twins always were the team to beat, but I would still take the Sox rotation on potential alone for 2021+ than what the Twins currently have penciled in to their rotation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

My guess is Kyren Paris is the prospect and Ross Stripling is headed to the Angels 

Stripling was the guess by most as the big league starter in that Twitter thread.  The trade seems to be getting better for the Angels, not worse.  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan

28 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Dodgers most likely will re-sign Betts also...so those dreams (never realistic) are over.  had to edit for Moan...

What a massive overreaction.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

It could be a good gamble. I feel like I'm the only Sox fan bullish on Mazara. 

Again, if they can get Mazara hitting fly balls he's going to absolutely rake. 

You are far from the only one (go back and read the Mazara trade thread).

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

There should be some significant other piece(s) headed to the Dodgers other than Luis Rengifo if that is the case.

Report is Friedman had been directed to stay under luxury. When they traded for Mookie and price, they had to move a money piece. 

Due to the market being settled with outfielders signing, the dodgers likely had little leverage and moved joc for less than they initially wanted because of the mookie/price deal.

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It could be a good gamble. I feel like I'm the only Sox fan bullish on Mazara. 

Again, if they can get Mazara hitting fly balls he's going to absolutely rake. 

You must not have been reading my posts . It's been me against BackDoorBreach forever about Mazara. But I think his hate for Mazara outweighs my liking the deal for him. It's all (well not all but a lot) in the Castellanos thread . Where have you been ?

I don't know that Maeda will be much worse or better than Keuchel, hard to know as he's moving from a pitching environment that was so beneficial to only putting them in successful scenarios in LA, and to top it off he's going to the AL. That said, the twins were brilliant last year and have a great front office. Since soxtalk declared the twins offseason a failure they acquired josh donaldson and maeda. They are going to be formidable throughout sox window, their stupid fo seems very good.

Ideally you could still just trade for joc pederson as he already is what most hope mazara could be, at not that much different cost for this year. See if Marlins are interested in Mazara or just keep him and have a very awkward platoon but a lineup that has lots of flex vs. righties.

And uh, sigh, yeah that trade for betts sucks to miss out on. 

Sox are in a good position. But these were some big swings with a low cost. Doesn't come around much.

We realize Joc Peterson can’t hit LHP, right? Due to his defense he’s currently better than Mazara but let’s not pretend he isn’t a flawed player in his own right.

Roll the dice with Mazara... take a look at right field next year along with the state of our rotation and bullpen.

Sounds good to me. Other teams are gonna do their thing too. Just gotta keep rolling.

16 minutes ago, hi8is said:

We realize Joc Peterson can’t hit LHP, right? Due to his defense he’s currently better than Mazara but let’s not pretend he isn’t a flawed player in his own right.

Roll the dice with Mazara... take a look at right field next year along with the state of our rotation and bullpen.

Sounds good to me. Other teams are gonna do their thing too. Just gotta keep rolling.

Mazara isn't good vs. LHP either. Joc Pederson is better than Mazara, he's basically what you'd hope Mazara to be except you know he already is that.

He's better vs. RHP than Mazara is. Even with his poor splits he was nearly 30% better hitter than the rest of the league. Mazara was 6% worse.

And yes, he's also better defensively. So Pederson is better offensively and defensively which is why people like him.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Someone didn’t look at Mazara’s splits against lefties before making this post.  😉

Overall, Mazara has been a worse hitter than Joc while playing his home games at a hitter’s haven of a ballpark.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Someone didn’t look at Mazara’s splits against lefties before making this post.  😉

You arent reading it correctly. He isn't saying mazara doesn't have faults, he's saying Pederson does and people are far over valuing him for this trade.