Hamilton on Disney +

southsider2k5

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It debuts on Friday on the Disney plus streaming service. Anyone else seen the show live and/or looking forward to this as much as I am?  The previews seem like it will do the stage version justice. 

I've never really liked movies that are just the staged musical but I've heard this does a good job and obviously is cool for people who never had it play near them.

Just now, bmags said:

I've never really liked movies that are just the staged musical but I've heard this does a good job and obviously is cool for people who never had it play near them.

As a literal Hamilton junkie, I was kind of thinking the same thing when this was announced.  I was excited to see the original broadway cast (I saw the show in Chicago 7 different times, 3 by winning the lottery, but never saw it in NYC), but thought it would kind of be the same staging as is typical of the filming of a broadway show.  The previews they have ran so far give me a lot of hope that they are doing to do the show justice by utilizing tons of angles and not just the simple ones typical of these shows.  I have gotten WAY more excited in the last week.  The Trib's critic said it was literally the best staging of a broadway show to movie he has ever seen.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As a literal Hamilton junkie, I was kind of thinking the same thing when this was announced.  I was excited to see the original broadway cast (I saw the show in Chicago 7 different times, 3 by winning the lottery, but never saw it in NYC), but thought it would kind of be the same staging as is typical of the filming of a broadway show.  The previews they have ran so far give me a lot of hope that they are doing to do the show justice by utilizing tons of angles and not just the simple ones typical of these shows.  I have gotten WAY more excited in the last week.  The Trib's critic said it was literally the best staging of a broadway show to movie he has ever seen.

Yeah the trib article was what made me think I would tune in, otherwise I'd probably have skipped it. I was more than happy with the chicago version, and was lucky enough to see the original aaron burr before he left.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah the trib article was what made me think I would tune in, otherwise I'd probably have skipped it. I was more than happy with the chicago version, and was lucky enough to see the original aaron burr before he left.

Our first time we actually got to see Wayne Brady as Aaron Burr, and holy crap was he incredible. We saw 4 different ones over the time the show was here, and he blew everyone else away.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Our first time we actually got to see Wayne Brady as Aaron Burr, and holy crap was he incredible. We saw 4 different ones over the time the show was here, and he blew everyone else away.

Good for him, I thought he'd be kinda camp. 

We had Daniel Breaker before he left to be in the broadway cast. I think Burr is always the star of the musical since it's such a good role but he was incredible.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good for him, I thought he'd be kinda camp. 

We had Daniel Breaker before he left to be in the broadway cast. I think Burr is always the star of the musical since it's such a good role but he was incredible.

So did I.  He is incredibly talented.  I have watched him his entire career starting with when Whose Line is it Anyway came to the United States.  I was still blown away.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:04 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Man, I regret being so lazy about the Hamilton lottery, seeing as you won 3 times.

entered for two years straight and didn't won, and then I won twice, and the wife one once in a six month span last year.