8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30041/teamId/4

Sox hitters 5/31 lifetime against Anderson with ZERO extra base hits

Woodruff and Houser, while both throw 94-97 and Woodruff occasionally in upper 90's, are much better match-ups in Games 2/3.

Anderson hasn't pitched yet this season, so should limit his pitch count to the 60-75 range, hopefully.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

• Kyyle23 pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Woodruff and Houser, while both throw 94-97 and Woodruff occasionally in upper 90's, are much better match-ups in Games 2/3.

Anderson hasn't pitched yet this season, so should limit his pitch count to the 60-75 range, hopefully.

I'm not sure if we can legitimately predict how the offense will fair against certain pitchers by using individual or team stats from previous seasons anymore. This is a completely rebuilt lineup with some fresh rookies on it. Might be a completely new look for Anderson and our guys.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

You do know homeruns count as an extra base hit, right? Both Encarnacion and Jimenez have HR's off Anderson. Also, Edwin, Yasmani and McCann are the only ones with more than a game's worth of AB's against him and Edwin has an .856 OPS so it's a meaningless exercise anyway.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Anderson has never gotten Robert or Madrigal out in his career, so 🤷‍♂

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

LuBob hits two homers on his birthday.

That nickname seems like an effort to sanitize "Luis" of its Hispanic character and even make it sound a bit Southern.

Might as well call Jose Abreu - JoBrew . Sweet Home Alabama...

I'm going to stick with Luis Robert and his nickname, La Pantera

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, tray said:

That nickname seems like an effort to sanitize "Luis" of its Hispanic character and even make it sound a bit Southern.

Might as well call Jose Abreu - JoBrew . Sweet Home Alabama...

I'm going to stick with Luis Robert and his nickname, La Pantera

I’m going to call him Robert, Luis, and sometimes I’ll throw in a LuBob, because it’s fun. But you do what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grandal is growing on me already.  He had some really great ABs in big spots against KC.  With him and EE it finally feels like we have a critical mass of guys that are professional hitters and more often than not are going to have a good approach with runners on base.  Maybe it will even start to rub off on TA when he gets back.

Also, when Madrigal went from 1st to 3rd yesterday all I could think of was how he's going to drive the opposition bat shit insane being a little guy that's a pest that catches everything, just like Little Nicky Punto did to us for years.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

Speaking of Grandal, take a look at his average exit velocity this season and the damage he did the Royals series, he went 5 for 13 in the series but was scorching the ball consistently, he had 7 hard hit balls (95+ MPH) and could easily have had a few more hits if not for the shift beating him.

image.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Speaking of Grandal, take a look at his average exit velocity this season and the damage he did the Royals series, he went 5 for 13 in the series but was scorching the ball consistently, he had 7 hard hit balls (95+ MPH) and could easily have had a few more hits if not for the shift beating him.

image.png

He was locked in almost every AB.  Was clearly seeing the ball well I love how the Sox now have guys like Moncada and Grandal that thrive in deep counts, at least as much as possible.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

20 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

image.png

Related:

https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/1290323020041650179?s=20 https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/1290323020041650179?s=20

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He was going back up the middle and opposite field at times with authority as well. Was just locked and loaded and looked real good. We know he is going to be streaky - but he is also going to see a lot of pitches and get on base quite a bit and when he is on his good streaks, he can literally help carry an offense.  Plus he's a catcher. Was good to see him start raking though.  

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Should have been Delmonico going down but whatever.  Is Garcia back today?

Actually the other thought I had is because Mercedes was a "taxi squad" guy, I wonder if he didn't require a 40 man roster, spot, and keeping him would have meant an addtional 40 man roster move.  That would also explain this.