8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

According to this I don't think that's correct.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-roster-transaction-rules-for-2020-season

Yermin is already on the 40 man and part of the "60 pool".  I don't think having him on the "taxi squad" makes a difference.

I think Renteria just really loves Nicky.

I thought he wasn't on the 40 because he was exposed to the Rule 5 draft?

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Actually the other thought I had is because Mercedes was a "taxi squad" guy, I wonder if he didn't require a 40 man roster, spot, and keeping him would have meant an addtional 40 man roster move.  That would also explain this. 

Nope, I was wrong here.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yermin-mercedes-on-white-sox-40-man-roster

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Grandal is growing on me already.  He had some really great ABs in big spots against KC.  With him and EE it finally feels like we have a critical mass of guys that are professional hitters and more often than not are going to have a good approach with runners on base.  Maybe it will even start to rub off on TA when he gets back.

Also, when Madrigal went from 1st to 3rd yesterday all I could think of was how he's going to drive the opposition bat shit insane being a little guy that's a pest that catches everything, just like Little Nicky Punto did to us for years.

I didn't realize that EE has known Eloy for awhile until recently.  He will be a great influence for Eloy in this short season and I think Edwin will heat up at least a couple of times and make this lineup even more dangerous.

Just my 2 cents but I find this argument about posting here perplexing.  I have rarely found people to be overly sensitive on this site.  Posters joke around and have fun with each other and most people understand that.  For me, if a topic becomes political, etc I just do not respond and/or ignore the thread.  If I've missed something egregious recently, I apologize.  It's also possible people have blocked my posts, so to hell with them although since they've blocked me they won't see this so never mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy hell, shut up about all the SJW stuff. From both sides....

Mazara active but on the bench vs LHP shows this may be a true platoon b/w Engel and Mazara.  I like it, as they both had an OPS around .850 vs opposite-handed pitchers in 2019

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Holy hell, shut up about all the SJW stuff. From both sides....

Mazara active but on the bench vs LHP shows this may be a true platoon b/w Engel and Mazara.  I like it, as they both had an OPS around .850 vs opposite-handed pitchers in 2019

I'm with you but I don't think Renteria knows the concept of a true platoon situation.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I personally think you're correct here. It's really not a complicated issue, and we've been pretty clear here. We let a ton of discussions go and encourage people taking different sides, arguing certain points, and even snark. All we've ever asked is not to be a scumbag. People got upset with me last week when I (and the rest of the mods) made the decision that we were not going to speculate on the Michael Kopech situation and what was going on in his personal life. No one had any facts to prove anything, and the specific details on what went on in his marriage don't need to be discussed on a White Sox message board. If you want to talk about what his loss means for the ballclub, totally fine. But we asked that just a little respect was shown for a White Sox player going through personal issues. And if you still can't get on board with that, there are HUNDREDS of different platforms where you can make your *very important voice be heard if you so desire. We just ask that you don't do it here. 

Soxtalk...talk baseball and you will be fine and that is why I come here anyways...and to vent on game threads...and make bad jokes.

18 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I really want to see what we have in Mazara. 

I wonder how much George Springer will cost next year? He’d look awesome in RF and will lesson the chance that Luis Robert kills himself going for balls in the outfield. 

I want Joc

• Like 2