Sox vs St Louis Covids Game 1 8/15 thread, noon start

southsider2k5

Just now, poppysox said:

It feels like half the games we lose are lost in the first inning.  Need to change something in how we prepare...maybe 10 more pitches after the starter thinks he's ready.

They said in the first game the Sox have given up the most runs 1st inning all of MLB

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mazara was worth the gamble. At least they only wasted 50 games on him rather than 162. He's only been back for a week though, so maybe give him some more time. If Mazara doesn't work it didn't cost much. 

I'd definitely like to see a straight platoon of Collins and Encarnacion the rest of the season, even though I'm not a fan of Collins. Make sure that he sucks before moving on. 

Still wasn't worth giving up a player for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Still wasn't worth giving up a player for him.

The Rangers tendered Mazara a contract and Walker will be 24 before he plays a game in AA so no big loss. 

Nomar Mazara is 15 months older than Steele Walker. I'll take the guy who's shown to at least be meh in the Bigs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Rangers tendered Mazara a contract and Walker will be 24 before he plays a game in AA so no big loss. 

Nomar Mazara is 15 months older than Steele Walker. I'll take the guy who's shown to at least be meh in the Bigs. 

We've been through this before, so I'll just say my last piece remains "we didn't give up a lot" was a phrase we said over and over and over again, and it was true every time until all of a sudden it wasn't, several times in a row. I'll hang up and listen. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It only holds weight when Ozzie said it lol 

Ozzie won’t be back as analyst at this rate.. This organization does not have much of a tolerance for criticism. See Piercall,  Jimmy And Caray, Harry...Jerry Will probably hire  Chisoxfan Mike instead