Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 1 - First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

Team needs to come out hungry today.  Giolito in particular needs to be sharp from the get-go and pitch like the ace he’s capable of being.  I also want Ricky to go with an “all-in” lineup, which means no Encarnacion today whether Eloy is playing or not.  Preferably that means both Yasmani & McCann in the lineup, but obviously that depends on whether Eloy can play LF.  And most importantly, no relievers outside of the big six should get work today.  Sorry Ricky, but that means no Jimmy Cordero if/when Lucas gets pulled.

• Like 1

15 years ago (!) sitting in a friend's dorm room watching the sox beating the crap out of the red sox early and basically never looking back.

Those sox playing a lot of backups suddenly got really hot over the previous weekend and their bats were suddenly not their biggest issue.

Here's hoping to that, or the starting pitching suddenly being lights out beyond gio and dk.

But overall - go sox.

Shit was so boring in June when we had nothing to talk about. Hopefully we can have fun, but I'm sure most of us will be stressed as hell. That's alright, happens when playoff baseball gets pent up for 12 years.

• Like 2

Going to be really interesting to see how the coaching staff as well as each individual player reacts to the pressure of playoff baseball. Every pitch, every at bat, every managerial decision is huge. 

I will say no matter what it's great to have the Sox in the playoffs again and hopefully this is the start of many consecutive appearances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Lineup prediction (hoping Eloy can play LF):

1. Anderson SS
  2. Grandal DH
  3. Abreu 1B
  4. Eloy LF
  5. Moncada 3B
  6. McCann C
  7. Robert CF
  8. Engel RF
  9. Madrigal 2B

Those are all the guys I want to see in the lineup. I would drop Moncada behind McCann against the lefty . I don't think either of us will be right however.

• Like 2