Crochet's arm fine

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

This saves cash for the Bullpen as he becomes the 2 inning guy the Sox need for 2021 as he enters rotation 2022. Trevor Bauer is REAL. 

I think its far more likely he is starting in the minors (if there is a minors season) and comes up in late July/early August for the pen to control innings.  They need to stretch him out.  

• Like 2

• knightni changed the title to Crochet's arm fine
  • knightni pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Hopefully he stays alright, but IMO, there is still reason to be concerned. I wonder if he could hold up an entire season.

This could push him down a path of being a Josh Hader type.  Which - if that helps the Sox get a few world series rings - I'm okay with it. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think its far more likely he is starting in the minors (if there is a minors season) and comes up in late July/early August for the pen to control innings.  They need to stretch him out.  

Tough decision ahead for the Sox. The tiny glimpse we saw in 2020 showed he can be an impactful bullpen arm right now, but it may be better to let him develop in the minors as a starting pitcher in the long run. 

18 minutes ago, Backwash07 said:

Great to hear hopefully on Crochet.  I was a little caught off guard about Madrigal being out 5 or 6 months making opening day a legit question.  Leury or Mendick can probably fill in good enough. 

The surgery was expected, and was mentioned as something needed when he returned.