MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I was thinking Jared Kelley and Cody Heuer (if they sign Hendriks).  I don't want to think about Carrett Grochet because my head would explode.

The difference in apparent value between the two players you wrote first and the player you mention second...is pretty big.

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Unless he can play right field, I don’t know why the Sox would trade young, promising pitching for him considering pitching is the biggest need right now. 

Gavin Lux was the fourth overall prospect heading into last year. Kelley looks great but he’s a second round high school prep pitcher. He has a long road of progression and likely injury recovery before he arrives. You swap a pitching prospect for a guy like that every time.

And yes, he’s a shortstop so he can play wherever you want.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Gavin Lux was the fourth overall prospect heading into last year. Kelley looks great but he’s a second round high school prep pitcher. He has a long road of progression and likely injury recovery before he arrives. You swap a pitching prospect for a guy like that every time.

And yes, he’s a shortstop so he can play wherever you want.

Would you do Crochet for Lux? That’s an interesting concept at least.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Would you do Crochet for Lux? That’s an interesting concept at least.

The correct answer is probably yes. But I have a hard time giving up Crochet for anyone even though there is a high likelihood that dude leaves a game in April and we see him in 2022

I think I'll believe it when i see it (in regards to starting on time). Hockey and basketball were delayed based on their endings being so different than normal. Baseball didn't have that problem. Now that all sports seem to have returned to almost normal and with baseball having such a long lead time, I think it will be tough to delay the season. That being said - i still stand by my first guess for now which is ST will be held locally with intrasquad and matchups like Brewers/Cubs, etc for us. I think ST will start when the season is expected to start and the season being delayed 45-60 days. I believe none of this has to do with health, rather just buying time to put asses in seats to drive revenue while delaying having to pay these guys a full season. 

• Thanks 1