MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Joc (7) + Q (8) + Colome (5) + 3 million = Hendriks (12) + Rodon (3) + Eaton (8)

Former or Latter?

ZIPS projections puts the first group at 3.5 WAR and the second group at 4.1 WAR. Now, I'm not sold that the difference between Hendriks and Colome will be a large as projected but also I have to consider that Kopech might come up and get some of Rodon's innings, and that potentially makes the gap wider. As for Eaton vs Joc, they project to be about the same overall, but with Joc having much more severe splits. I'll take Eaton if for no other reason than if Engel has to play every day because one of the other OFs gets injured, Engel isn't a complete black hole vs LHP.

Seeing Mets, Brewers and Rays in on Rich Hill...

Was holding out small, small hope we'd be on that list. Seems like a small price/risk to take and can fill a role the rest of the back of rotation -- I woulda wanted to throw him in there with Rodon, Crochet, Stiever, Kopech, Hill, Cease and let them all battle it out for innings. Losers get multi inning bullpen roles this year. 

Also if the Rays are in on someone means there's something there. It's almost the coop can fix em from 2004-2008

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing Mets, Brewers and Rays in on Rich Hill...

Was holding out small, small hope we'd be on that list. Seems like a small price/risk to take and can fill a role the rest of the back of rotation -- I woulda wanted to throw him in there with Rodon, Crochet, Stiever, Kopech, Hill, Cease and let them all battle it out for innings. Losers get multi inning bullpen roles this year. 

Also if the Rays are in on someone means there's something there. It's almost the coop can fix em from 2004-2008

I woulda loved hill.. Given him the 5th starter role until he gets hurt in his 3rd start, then let Rodon take over until he got hurt, then it's June1 and Kopech can come up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Apparently, Manfred pimped his "Cactus League" letter to the White House.

https://sports.yahoo.com/biden-administration-officials-mlb-season-1-month-delay-mlbpa-020629747.html

Stand strong MLBPA

Who approached you? Did the Manfred go to Biden's Admin or the other way around?

https://www.mlb.com/news/contenders-to-sign-marcell-ozuna

White Sox
The White Sox have had an active offseason, signing Liam Hendriks and Adam Eaton while also trading for Lance Lynn. Chicago's offense scored more runs than any team other than the Yankees in 2020, but Nomar Mazara was non-tendered, James McCann signed with the Mets and the underperforming Edwin Encarnación will not return as a free agent. With Tony La Russa at the helm, the White Sox are clearly in win-now mode, so adding Ozuna would make sense. Eaton and Adam Engel would make a strong platoon in right field, giving Ozuna a chance to split time with Eloy Jiménez between left field and DH.

The Sox are mentioned as a favorite here, although I find that highly unlikely to happen given everything we've been told to this point. But hey, fun to think about I guess.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/contenders-to-sign-marcell-ozuna

The Sox are mentioned as a favorite here, although I find that highly unlikely to happen given everything we've been told to this point. But hey, fun to think about I guess.

Wow. This was posted only 3 hours ago it seems. I wonder if the reporter has any rumors/inside info or if he's just speaking out of his ass... if it's the later than he really doesn't understand the bullshit that the sox front office has been spewing out. 

I would *love* Ozuna. He's an elite level hitter. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Wow. This was posted only 3 hours ago it seems. I wonder if the reporter has any rumors/inside info or if he's just speaking out of his ass... if it's the later than he really doesn't understand the bullshit that the sox front office has been spewing out. 

I would *love* Ozuna. He's an elite level hitter. 

Feinsand is usually pretty reliable, but I refuse to believe this bc we all know who we're dealing with. 

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Feinsand is usually pretty reliable, but I refuse to believe this bc we all know who we're dealing with. 

Most of the national writers like morosi, feinsand, etc fall into the trap on stuff like this of thinking about what would make sense for white sox to add at the expense of them considering what the white sox are likely to add when you consider their owner.

That said, I think Ozuna did an incredible job last year, but I would be incredibly annoyed spending 15 mill plus on a DH rather than using that toward another good reliable pitcher or some additional toward a more reliable outfielder.