Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ban bet?  @ron883 - How these things work again?

CWS, my man! Thank you for asking good sir!

Instead of making a monetary bet, the bettors wage a ban or suspension for a certain length of time. Say the ban bet terms are for a 2 month suspension. The loser of the bet gets banned/suspended for 2 months. However, if the bet was not made in good faith or was completely unfair, the ban bet can be voided. 

For better or for worse, ban bets are no longer enforced here. I was winning so much. The mods got sick of all my winning and put an end to ban bets. Plus, I started feeling bad for pulverizing poor saps in these ban bets. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I don't want to see good folks getting banned. 

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ron883 said:

CWS, my man! Thank you for asking good sir!

Instead of making a monetary bet, the bettors wage a ban or suspension for a certain length of time. Say the ban bet terms are for a 2 month suspension. The loser of the bet gets banned/suspended for 2 months. However, if the bet was not made in good faith or was completely unfair, the ban bet can be voided. 

For better or for worse, ban bets are no longer enforced here. I was winning so much. The mods got sick of all my winning and put an end to ban bets. Plus, I started feeling bad for pulverizing poor saps in these ban bets. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I don't want to see good folks getting banned. 

I think an impeachment is called for.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, shago said:

Bauer is going to Anaheim people, please... native, can play in-front of like minded people. They can give longest, back-ended contract with AP coming off the books. 5yr, $200+

If Bauer gets an AAV of $40+ per year for 5 years I will like , no i will love, all your posts from now until I am no longer able to.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, shago said:

Bauer is going to Anaheim people, please... native, can play in-front of like minded people. They can give longest, back-ended contract with AP coming off the books. 5yr, $200+

He didn't have a great relationship with Mickey Callaway in Cleveland 

48 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He didn't have a great relationship with Mickey Callaway in Cleveland 

If we had the guts, everything would line up for the Sox in the pursuit of Bauer. We are team competing for a Championship for the next 4-5 years for sure. Our new pitching coach is very heavy into analytics. Generally speaking our team does a good job of allowing our players to market themselves and we promote that behavior. Tony LaRussa seems like the type of manager, of any manager in baseball, that would be willing to experiment with allowing a pitcher to pitch every 4th day, at least at some point throughout the season. 

The problem is we have a fairly cheap owner when it comes to pitching, rightfully so, because not many long term pitching, or hitting for that matter, have worked out for the teams. 

But this is the perfect place for Bauer based on what he has said he is looking for in a team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheCommish said:

If we had the guts, everything would line up for the Sox in the pursuit of Bauer. We are team competing for a Championship for the next 4-5 years for sure. Our new pitching coach is very heavy into analytics. Generally speaking our team does a good job of allowing our players to market themselves and we promote that behavior. Tony LaRussa seems like the type of manager, of any manager in baseball, that would be willing to experiment with allowing a pitcher to pitch every 4th day, at least at some point throughout the season. 

The problem is we have a fairly cheap owner when it comes to pitching, rightfully so, because not many long term pitching, or hitting for that matter, have worked out for the teams. 

But this is the perfect place for Bauer based on what he has said he is looking for in a team. 

Except for getting paid 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)