Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

?

“Big eyeballs” is supposed to be one of the Twitter insiders ways of saying “omg this contract I see is amazing your mind will be blown”. Started with Machado supposedly signing that day

98% of the time one of them uses it, everyone gets riled up, and nothing happens.

• Haha 1

Just dawned on me: let’s assume for a minute that the “it’s a business” argument holds water.  If that’s the case, and a decade ago you were top ten payroll and now you’re middle of the pack, what does that say about the way you managed your “business” relative to your competitors? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

“Big eyeballs” is supposed to be one of the Twitter insiders ways of saying “omg this contract I see is amazing your mind will be blown”. Started with Machado supposedly signing that day

98% of the time one of them uses it, everyone gets riled up, and nothing happens.

Yeah, I'm aware. I didn't see anything about Bauer in recent activity so I was wondering what the supposed info was.

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Bauer and Mickey Callaway didn't get along huh? What if I were to tell you the Angels found a way to get rid of Mickey Callaway....

Seems like a major win for bauer

not liking or being liked by sexual harassers is a positive 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yes and yes 

I don't think the Angels acquiring a guy who is a one year guy at 15M per year (where they got a bunch of cash) - should mean they are out on giving a massive contract to Bauer. Maybe they are out on Bauer - but if they are - it has absolutely nothing to do with the trade they made yesterday - nothing.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't think the Angels acquiring a guy who is a one year guy at 15M per year (where they got a bunch of cash) - should mean they are out on giving a massive contract to Bauer. Maybe they are out on Bauer - but if they are - it has absolutely nothing to do with the trade they made yesterday - nothing.  

They now have 7 starters and their 2021 payroll is up to 173 mil. They are out on Bauer and this move signals it. 

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)