Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

Guys there's no mystery team yet :(

It's dodgers vs. Mets right now and mets have the large upper hand because dodgers are up against the tax.

right now it's basically 100% that he's going to the mets in the next 24 hours 

unless the white sox spring in out of NOWHEREEE

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

how unprofessional for Luba to tweet that. Seriously, if that is how she thinks she should do business...good luck. 

lmao @ the luba hate, this is just absurd

what's wrong with her tweet? It's quite clear that this is the 'end game' with all the national reporters reporting that it's down to mets/dodgers.

• Like 3

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

lmao @ the luba hate, this is just absurd

what's wrong with her tweet? It's quite clear that this is the 'end game' with all the national reporters reporting that it's down to mets/dodgers.

using Twitter to air out negotiations on your first big client will be really WELL received with GMs and peers across the league. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

using Twitter to air out negotiations on your first big client will be really WELL received with GMs and peers across the league. 

Idk, I think it’s kind of refreshing. Agents do it all the time. They even lie to reporters to get their clients more money. She’s been pretty transparent and I think it’s a good look. I’m not a Bauer guy but I don’t see the problem with her confirming that there are two teams left. Helps make the offseason less excruciating and kills nonsense rumors. But I’m not a peer or a GM like you so I digress.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Sorry EloyJenkins doesn't like Queen Luba talking about negotiations on Twitter. I think she and her client are perfectly fine with things (and quite happy). 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 3:07 PM, macsandz said:

Only on a short-term / High AAV. Sox could, in theory, hypothetically, potentially offer a longer term (extended spread). 

Hypothetically, of course because Bob said they're broke...so. 

I’m pretty sure this is why people on the board have optimism. I’ve had a few run ins with Macsandz but people swear by his info so I understand why people are optimistic that the Sox have a shot. I would love for them to shock us.

Edited by Orlando

Just now, Orlando said:

Idk, I think it’s kind of refreshing. Agents do it all the time. They even lie to reporters to get their clients more money. She’s been pretty transparent and I think it’s a good look. I’m not a Bauer guy but I don’t see the problem with her confirming that there are two teams left. Helps make the offseason less excruciating and kills nonsense rumors. But I’m not a peer or a GM like you so I digress.

Oh brother. She will get a nice payday from Bauer, but she already is at a disadvantage in the exlusive boy's club that baseball is. Using Twitter publicly just seems risky for her reputation and future client acquisitions.

Oh brother. She will get a nice payday from Bauer, but she already is at a disadvantage in the exlusive boy's club that baseball is. Using Twitter publicly just seems risky for her reputation and future client acquisitions.

I was kidding with that last line. I can see your side a bit too. I just don’t get the constant criticism she receives. I don’t think she would if she was male. Not saying that’s what you are doing at all.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

I was kidding with that last line. I can see your side a bit too. I just don’t get the constant criticism she receives. I don’t think she would if she was male. Not saying that’s what you are doing at all.

I am saying the exact opposite. I am really rooting for her to become a refreshing new change and hopes she has a great career. But public twitter negotiations seems like something an 18 year old would think was cool and edgy. 

I am saying the exact opposite. I am really rooting for her to become a refreshing new change and hopes she has a great career. But public twitter negotiations seems like something an 18 year old would think was cool and edgy. 

I mean sure I hope she has a great career but if she makes it a trend for all agents to make these state farm commercials with their clients I will never forgive her.

12 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I agree. The baseball offseason is already so boring. This is kind of a nice change of pace. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

how unprofessional for Luba to tweet that. Seriously, if that is how she thinks she should do business...good luck. 

Scott Boras has turned free agency into a circus for decades, and he has done just fine.  Let's see what the deal looks like and then we can judge the job that was done.

• Like 2

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)