Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha none of you admins are very helpful but somewhat funny telling me it takes a bribe but you all seem to have your special names. Just thought it would be nice to have one I can pick after contributing to this place for about 1000 years now.

There aren't a lot of unique group names to be honest.  They actually group certain users, or they used to.  "It was a damn good post...." banned user after one post. "Grab some bench" banned" "rookie" less than a certain amount of posts, etc.  I think it probably has less actual use now than it used to

Would be nice to get Hendriks for sure. That is a quality upgrade.

Would really like to add another quality OF and a quality SP with it too, since, ya know, we haven't really spent too much money. 

Give me a run at Bauer (I'm assuming fail) and then go get Kluber/Paxton or trade for Musgrove. For the OF consider Dahl/Pederson due to their capability to play the field, then look at Schwarber/Ozuna/Blackmon (trade)/ many others. 

Adam Eaton is a 4th OF, not a starting OF. 

4 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Be nice to have an Aussie on team, free Fosters for everyone!🍺

I was on a cruise a few years back and a college-aged kid near the pool made the really poor life decision to try and shotgun one of those giant 25oz cans of Fosters.

He made a big deal about it, got the crowd pumped, tons of people cheering or jeering him. I'll give him a bit of credit - he gave it a real shot. Probably made it about 2/3 of the way through, though perhaps that was just momentum carrying him over the edge of the cliff a la Wile E. Coyote. 

Regardless, suddenly he throws down the can and sprints across half the deck for the bathroom. If you have ever been on a cruise, you will know that doors (especially external doors) are often actually bulkheads - they have a 3-6 inch metal lip around the entire thing. Well, he apparently forgot or didn't notice this (he did have some pressing concerns that may have been distracting him), because he slams his foot on the bulkhead as he is sprinting into the bathroom. He does a gorgeous faceplant at full speed into the tile, then proceeds to vomit up about 17 oz of mostly undigested fosters (as well as who knows how many oz of other drinks) all over himself and the bathroom. He lost his lunch, his dignity, and, most importantly, his open bar wristband. The rest of the trip, he would get bronx cheers anytime he emerged on to the pool deck.

This isn't really relevant to anything tbh, but I will never be able to see a giant Foster's can without remembering this modern day Icarus. 

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I was on a cruise a few years back and a college-aged kid near the pool made the really poor life decision to try and shotgun one of those giant 25oz cans of Fosters.

He made a big deal about it, got the crowd pumped, tons of people cheering or jeering him. I'll give him a bit of credit - he gave it a real shot. Probably made it about 2/3 of the way through, though perhaps that was just momentum carrying him over the edge of the cliff a la Wile E. Coyote. 

Regardless, suddenly he throws down the can and sprints across half the deck for the bathroom. If you have ever been on a cruise, you will know that doors (especially external doors) are often actually bulkheads - they have a 3-6 inch metal lip around the entire thing. Well, he apparently forgot or didn't notice this (he did have some pressing concerns that may have been distracting him), because he slams his foot on the bulkhead as he is sprinting into the bathroom. He does a gorgeous faceplant at full speed into the tile, then proceeds to vomit up about 17 oz of mostly undigested fosters (as well as who knows how many oz of other drinks) all over himself and the bathroom. He lost his lunch, his dignity, and, most importantly, his open bar wristband. The rest of the trip, he would get bronx cheers anytime he emerged on to the pool deck.

This isn't really relevant to anything tbh, but I will never be able to see a giant Foster's can without remembering this modern day Icarus. 

That's one of those memories are make for a lifetime of laughs. That is epic, especially him coming out of his hole to be jeered. 

8 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Not sure I love you telling this story about me but it's fine.

• Haha 4

Assuming someone has a good deal on the table and this is the call to other teams to beat it. If he doesn't sign within the next day or two I assume that means Hendriks is waiting to see if someone hits his number.

7 minutes ago, almagest said:

Assuming someone has a good deal on the table and this is the call to other teams to beat it. If he doesn't sign within the next day or two I assume that means Hendriks is waiting to see if someone hits his number.

logical

42 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

There aren't a lot of unique group names to be honest.  They actually group certain users, or they used to.  "It was a damn good post...." banned user after one post. "Grab some bench" banned" "rookie" less than a certain amount of posts, etc.  I think it probably has less actual use now than it used to

They seem pretty accurate because it says MVP under mind and who's gonna argue with that? 😆

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic