Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still say Schwarber will go somewhere he gets 400 at bats.  Too bad, he’d be a great weapon against RHP.

I don’t think we sign Schwarber, but if we’re willing to push back Vaughn’s start date with us to 2022 (assuming everyone is both healthy & producing) I think he’d be highly interested in signing with us.  And the cost would probably be like $7M on a one year deal.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still say Schwarber will go somewhere he gets 400 at bats.  Too bad, he’d be a great weapon against RHP.

+.800 ops vs rhp pretty much every year, take it to the bank.

Think I’d rather have Brantley if we’re going to block Vaughn this year.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Might want to learn how to do something basic, like quoting a post, before calling into question said posters intelligence.

Right, because how to use a computer is a much more sensible gauge of intelligence than actually using logic.

This quote is so laughable. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t know how to post tweets here outside of a phone screen shot but did you see Stone responded to a tweet from someone and said he thought they were still going to make a splash or two? His definition could be different than a fan to be fair.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Showtime said:

Don’t know how to post tweets here outside of a phone screen shot but did you see Stone responded to a tweet from someone and said he thought they were still going to make a splash or two? His definition could be different than a fan to be fair.

You just paste the link to the tweet and it automatically does it.

I don’t get the concern over having too many good playerss.

Grandal
Collins
Abreu
Vaughn
Madrigal
Moncada
Anderson
Garcia
Jimenez
Robert
Eaton
Brantley
Engel

That’s thirteen guys you can roll with for two years. Dump Eaton after ‘21. I don’t see the problem here

• Like 1

Just now, Vulture said:

I don’t get the concern over having too many good playerss.

Grandal
Collins
Abreu
Vaughn
Madrigal
Moncada
Anderson
Garcia
Jimenez
Robert
Eaton
Brantley
Engel

That’s thirteen guys you can roll with for two years. Dump Eaton after ‘21. I don’t see the problem here

Because payroll is a constrained resource and Brantley can’t play RF.

I just want to reiterate as we get used to the bore of FA waiting to the point we even remember what it's about:

If we do get a Hendriks

and he's of the quality of the last two years

Going into a playoff series with Hendriks, Bummer and Crochet, 3 guys that can be multi-inning fireman, is sick as hell.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just want to reiterate as we get used to the bore of FA waiting to the point we even remember what it's about:

If we do get a Hendriks

and he's of the quality of the last two years

Going into a playoff series with Hendriks, Bummer and Crochet, 3 guys that can be multi-inning fireman, is sick as hell.

100% agree.  And let’s be honest, Kopech will likely be in the bullpen as well if we make the playoffs next year.  And maybe it won’t be 2021, but I still believe Burdi has the chance to become an elite reliever in time.  His stuff is beyond phenomenal, just needs to learn how to harness it.  But imagine this pen come October:

• 9th: Hendriks
  • 8th: Bummer*
  • 8th: Kopech
  • 7th: Crochet*
  • 7th: Heuer
  • 6th: Marshall
  • 6th: Fry*
  • 6th: Foster

Plus you’d also potentially have Lopez, Burdi, Johnson, Lambert, Cordero, & possibly even Stiever in the mix as well.  That’s potentially a best-in-class bullpen you’re looking at there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  And let’s be honest, Kopech will likely be in the bullpen as well if we make the playoffs next year.  And maybe it won’t be 2021, but I still believe Burdi has the chance to become an elite reliever in time.  His stuff is beyond phenomenal, just needs to learn how to harness it.  But imagine this pen come October:

• 9th: Hendriks
  • 8th: Bummer*
  • 8th: Kopech
  • 7th: Crochet*
  • 7th: Heuer
  • 6th: Marshall
  • 6th: Fry*
  • 6th: Foster

Plus you’d also potentially have Lopez, Burdi, Johnson, Lambert, Cordero, & possibly even Stiever in the mix as well.  That’s potentially a best-in-class bullpen you’re looking at there.

Kopech will be the #4 starter in the playoffs, unless Katz unlocks Cease. Kopech is too good to push into the 8th When Bummer/Crochet/Heuer are all nasty already. 

The management of Kopech is the most interesting component of 2021 imo. 

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech will be the #4 starter in the playoffs, unless Katz unlocks Cease. Kopech is too good to push into the 8th When Bummer/Crochet/Heuer are all nasty already. 

The management of Kopech is the most interesting component of 2021 imo. 

Do teams use 4 starters in the playoffs anymore?

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic