2021 NHL Thread

soxfan49

9 hours ago, Vacheron said:

Rocky has to step down. His son is CEO. Let him run the show.

The league needs to pressure them into selling and I don't say that lightly, it should only be an option when someone is an embarrassment to the league. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Texsox said:

The league needs to pressure them into selling and I don't say that lightly, it should only be an option when someone is an embarrassment to the league. 

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure that's necessary. NHL should request Rocky step down, but Danny seems to know what he's doing and he wasn't involved with the Blackhawks in 2010

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I would support it.  There is bad, and then there is cover for a rapist.

Exactly. 

He was even given a third chance* to carry on and fix his organization and has now I believe utterly failed. 

*Once when it was happening, a second when it was reported, now a third moving forward. I don't have a second team so the NHL has lost an admitted casual fan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Hmmm I wonder if that was the reason for Rocky's outburst yesterday. He knew this was coming and knows more money will be coming out of his pocket. 

Decent chance of that. He wants this to go away and for some bizarre reason, he thought his technique last night would work. 

Was really amazing to see that on display last night. And it shows you just how insulated someone at that level can be...never having to answer tough questions, never having anyone really challenge him on anything. I would imagine at some point when you are surrounded by that for years and years and years, you forget how to respond to actual criticism or tough questions. That is not an excuse for what Rocky did in any way, shape or form by the way...if what I just wrote above is true, then that's on Rocky for creating that environment, but I do think that was at play last night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Decent chance of that. He wants this to go away and for some bizarre reason, he thought his technique last night would work. 

Was really amazing to see that on display last night. And it shows you just how insulated someone at that level can be...never having to answer tough questions, never having anyone really challenge him on anything. I would imagine at some point when you are surrounded by that for years and years and years, you forget how to respond to actual criticism or tough questions. That is not an excuse for what Rocky did in any way, shape or form by the way...if what I just wrote above is true, then that's on Rocky for creating that environment, but I do think that was at play last night. 

And we all know how soft the Chicago sports media is.  They know their place.

If they were a good organization, they would have had a press conference that was transparent about the past, present and future in the organization. It would have provided transparency and a clear vision on what they will do differently. Reporters could write stories about the press conference, the Hawks could implement their changes and maybe do work for non-profits who support people who are abused. Wouldn’t it be better to take that route and any additional fines they will receive than have your owner go on a childish outburst? It wouldn’t replace Rocky Wirtz, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction. His son needs to take over soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

If they were a good organization, they would have had a press conference that was transparent about the past, present and future in the organization. It would have provided transparency and a clear vision on what they will do differently. Reporters could write stories about the press conference, the Hawks could implement their changes and maybe do work for non-profits who support people who are abused. Wouldn’t it be better to take that route and any additional fines they will receive than have your owner go on a childish outburst? It wouldn’t replace Rocky Wirtz, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction. His son needs to take over soon.

That was their objective last night and it sounded like they were on the right path until Rocky went Rocky. (I didn't see any of it, just saw reports that Jaime Faulkner was very impressive.) 

I'd also ask the question....why are we giving Danny the benefit of the doubt now? This city was tortured by Dollar Bill, Rocky seemed to press all the right buttons up until last night (and who honestly knows at this point what Rocky did or didn't know about the sexual assault cover up.) but now we sort of have seen his true colors.....why are we expecting Danny to be the right Wirtz? 

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The guy who asked the question that I think got it all started said that he thought he was giving him a softball question, where he could do exactly what you're saying.

30 minutes ago, The Beast said:

From my keyboard it seems really, really, easy to do. Plus it's the most decent human thing to do. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

That was their objective last night and it sounded like they were on the right path until Rocky went Rocky. (I didn't see any of it, just saw reports that Jaime Faulkner was very impressive.) 

I'd also ask the question....why are we giving Danny the benefit of the doubt now? This city was tortured by Dollar Bill, Rocky seemed to press all the right buttons up until last night (and who honestly knows at this point what Rocky did or didn't know about the sexual assault cover up.) but now we sort of have seen his true colors.....why are we expecting Danny to be the right Wirtz? 

Not expecting as much as hoping 

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t think we are, but he seemed to be the most human of the Wirtz family on the panel last night. I’m all for new ownership, but absent that, replace the old man with the young Wirtz and hope for the best.

55 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The guy who asked the question that I think got it all started said that he thought he was giving him a softball question, where he could do exactly what you're saying.

But what about a press conference to follow that town hall and do what they should have done last night?

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Even his press release apology last night was lame and hollow.  There was nothing to it, nor nothing of substance in it.  He couldn't name one REAL change or substantive thing they have done, other than fire a few people 10 years too late.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even his press release apology last night was lame and hollow.  There was nothing to it, nor nothing of substance in it.  He couldn't name one REAL change or substantive thing they have done, other than fire a few people 10 years too late.

The infuriating thing is the changes they have to make are basically to just do the right thing. How difficult is it to say we won't tolerate illegal, immoral, or unethical behavior at any level of this organization ever again and will constantly monitor our organization for signs of those behaviors. We've hired an outside investigation or law firm, without ties to the organization or the NHL, to conduct annual, confidential interviews, with all employees. These same investigators have established a 24 hour reporting system that all employees will have access to without fear of retaliation. 

That took me all of five minutes to think of. The Hawks can't be just above average in fighting this.They have to be the absolute #1 organization in stopping this kind of behavior and turn themselves into the model for other teams to emulate and even then they aren't free and clear. That's just the beginning. But Rocky's seemingly arrogance and lack of compassion and understanding is breathtaking in it's inappropriateness. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

The infuriating thing is the changes they have to make are basically to just do the right thing. How difficult is it to say we won't tolerate illegal, immoral, or unethical behavior at any level of this organization ever again and will constantly monitor our organization for signs of those behaviors. We've hired an outside investigation or law firm, without ties to the organization or the NHL, to conduct annual, confidential interviews, with all employees. These same investigators have established a 24 hour reporting system that all employees will have access to without fear of retaliation. 

That took me all of five minutes to think of. The Hawks can't be just above average in fighting this.They have to be the absolute #1 organization in stopping this kind of behavior and turn themselves into the model for other teams to emulate and even then they aren't free and clear. That's just the beginning. But Rocky's seemingly arrogance and lack of compassion and understanding is breathtaking in it's inappropriateness. 

Exactly.  All you have to do is list off of a bullet point of the usual platitudes here.  The big thing you can't do is explode at the guy asking the question, well, because the question is fair.  You covered this up for a decade.  What are you doing NOW to make sure it doesn't happen again?  They still have never actually publicly said that part out loud.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Exactly.  All you have to do is list off of a bullet point of the usual platitudes here.  The big thing you can't do is explode at the guy asking the question, well, because the question is fair.  You covered this up for a decade.  What are you doing NOW to make sure it doesn't happen again?  They still have never actually publicly said that part out loud.

Maybe he's struggling because whatever they say will expose the organization. We're going to start following the law? We're going to start doing what any decent human being would have done? He reminds me of an eight year old having a tantrum,covering his ears and screaming, I can't hear you!!

• bmags locked this topic