Trade Whispers - Starting Pitchers

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Well, collectively we've worried about various SP trade candidates for 52 pages, Nelson Cruz for 42 pages, Trevor Bauer for 32 pages, and Adam Wainright for 10 pages. Some posters share tweets here so quickly after they occur that they must be spending the entire day refreshing Twitter looking for anything to share, and there are at least three Twitter accounts that seem to have no other purpose than to troll us and we seem to be more than happy to oblige. I get that COVID has limited our activity options for a year and that the Bulls and Hawks suck, but Jesus Christ start a new series on Netflix, or watch some movies on HBO Max or start a blog or something.

Also, the number of permanently or temporarily former posters that I'd had to look up in order to understand why current posters compulsively mention them is staggering.

Amen to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ron883 said:

There was a thread I made that had a bunch of basketball talk in it. He bumped it up because me and others told him he was wrong about some things (valuing Colin Sexton above Wendell Carter Jr, among other things). He ended up being right, so he bumped it to prove us wrong. 

I ended up deleting the thread because I didn't want him gloating towards me. (I made it, so I was able to delete it). He thought Tony deleted the thread, so he made a post trashing Tony and then said he was leaving. He hasn't been back since. I feel slightly bad because I liked the guy, but it's his fault for overreacting, lol. 

Here's his going away post 

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/110142-2020-nba-regular-season-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4038930

This is why you’re my favorite poster Ron...I’m literally dying of laughter right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Well, collectively we've worried about various SP trade candidates for 52 pages, Nelson Cruz for 42 pages, Trevor Bauer for 32 pages, and Adam Wainright for 10 pages. Some posters share tweets here so quickly after they occur that they must be spending the entire day refreshing Twitter looking for anything to share, and there are at least three Twitter accounts that seem to have no other purpose than to troll us and we seem to be more than happy to oblige. I get that COVID has limited our activity options for a year and that the Bulls and Hawks suck, but Jesus Christ start a new series on Netflix, or watch some movies on HBO Max or start a blog or something.

Also, the number of permanently or temporarily former posters that I'd had to look up in order to understand why current posters compulsively mention them is staggering.

I feel personally attacked. BTW, no refreshing needed, there are sites that just blast them out as they're tweeted. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

He rage quit Soxtalk after his beloved Colin Sexton thread got deleted.

Rage quit? 

I just dont enjoy posting places where people collectively gang up and get personal against people, then get proven wrong and mods delete threads all the while allowing the activity that deserved to be called out. I still read, just not much interest in posting. Im not a fan of special treatment by and for moderators on forums, but it's their board so obviously they're free to do as they please. Thanks for your concern, maybe you can tell me how little I know about basketball some more. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rage quit? 

I just dont enjoy posting places where people collectively gang up and get personal against people, then get proven wrong and mods delete threads all the while allowing the activity that deserved to be called out. I still read, just not much interest in posting. Im not a fan of special treatment by and for moderators on forums, but it's their board so obviously they're free to do as they please. Thanks for your concern, maybe you can tell me how little I know about basketball some more. 

There he is. Back like he never left.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rage quit? 

Kreese.jpg

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rage quit? 

To be fair Ray Ray, it was me who deleted the thread. I've got a reputation to uphold. I couldn't have you proving me wrong in my own thread. It wasn't the mods. 

Since then, the power to delete your own threads has been revoked. They even brought back the thread I deleted. Feels bad. 

Edited by ron883

• Quin locked this topic