Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

If it helps anyone, this is what I know of Gomez's history with the Sox:

2018-2019: Continuously said that he believed Machado would sign with White Sox. Stated that Sox offered 8 years, $250 million. Chicago media went out in full force to tell him he was wrong about the offer (they believed it was $175 million). Obviously, he ended up being right about the offer, but wrong about him signing here.

March 2019: First reporter to announce that Eloy Jimenez and the Sox were working on an extension, which was official within a week.

December 2019: Retweeted a fellow reporter (Frank Castillo) who believed Marcell Ozuna was signing with the White Sox. Gomez was not the reporter who said Ozuna would sign, he just said he believed in his colleague's info.

To be fair. Machado may have had the Sox at the top of his list at that point. The Padres came in at the end with 300 million to steal it. 

If he says that we are in on Cruz I believe it completely. He has ties to those guys and no reason to lie. Now if he is being used by an agent for leverage that isn't his fault. But the fact that he said a few days means something is truly up. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

From what I can tell, the guy he tagged (@RicardoGibbon) reported this, and Gomez just translated it to English. Why he didn't retweet/quote tweet it is beyond me.

Yeah it definitely looks that way. Maybe Hector was out there trying to throw someone a bone again?

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Yeah it definitely looks that way. Maybe Hector was out there trying to throw someone a bone again?

Well that’s good news then!  Cruz is still a legit possibility!  And the Yankees aren’t getting Castillo, which is also awesome!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min